Hi

Just made a PC Today from an

2500+XP Chip
ABIT NF7 Mobo
1024 DDR 400Mhz Ram.
Win XP

However the computer will not shutdown.
It instantly reboots.
Aldo when i Right Click my computer it says i am using an Athlon 1100??

Any idea whats wrong?

Thanx

FallOutBoyTonto

Distinguished
May 6, 2003
Did you configure your BIOS options? Sounds like the FSB isn't at what its supposed to be. Change FSB to 166 and reboot.

"Tiger Woods doesn't win every day. We don't deny that ATI has a wonderful product and it took the performance lead from us. But if they think they're going to hold onto it, they're smoking something hallucinogenic.", <A HREF="http://www.bayarea.com/mld/mercurynews/business/5093187.htm" target="_new">Jen-Hsun Huang, NVIDIA Corporation, February 2003</A>

hachiman

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2001
Thanx.

I actually sorted it by setting it to Auto.
However the PC still won't shut down corectly.

A friend thinks it's because i used my olf Case which has a 300W PSU and he thinks i need a 350W?

Is this correct?
Nothing in thr manual indicates that.

pIII_Man

Splendid
Mar 19, 2003
what happens when you try to shut down...does a message come up that it is now safe to turn off your computer?

So easy to fry yet tastes so good...
Silicon: The other, other, other white meat :evil:

ike

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2003
i had the same problems with my gigabyte board (intel). went into the onboard configuration menu. I disabled some of the wake on "---" events and it cleared it up. dont know if that will help but, u can always look around in there for other things like what your bios tells your computer to do when u push the button...bs like that.

The customer is not always right.
If they were, they would do my job.