The way of no-cd

sbdragon89

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
Hey guys, i was running threw allot threads =/, there to problems, one everyone thinks that no cd is for pirated versions or verson like that, thing is, i for one like the fact when games odnt need cd once installed, cd's last longer, even slight boost in certain areas (used to be =/) and no need to worry abt changing cd for game or finding game you installed months back and you just wanna have fun,

Thing been is i not saying YES to piracy, but no cd gaming works wonders infact some offical websites have recommend as non offical fix to there old SAFEdisk system , also allot people who run these craked versoins seam to have less problems, this has been admitted by EA them selves even, Thas why games like Red Alert3 is good, once installed no cd need, simple, also, like me what happen to my yuri revenge cd years ago, it cracked , so i had to use no cd fix to actually play game,

I understand not helping people with cracked version of game, that is pure fairness, but some times like said gaming on no-cd version makes life simpler , plus your cd stay as new as they day you got them if you have to only put it in once to your system. so ya we shouldnt knock it down as of yet, i know half ya used a crack soe time for soe game :) , its just one them things, and before ya get into legal moaning, yes it is illegal, but there again if i wanna crack a game i bought with my own money then it my choice, if my game is legit then that is that, if im not giving it or selling it or even senidng it on links then then im intitaled to do what i like to my game.

This is just my opinion but still =)

purplerat

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
If you really don't want to use CDs, just buy the digital downloads. Almost every game is now is available either through Steam or some other digital download service. Personally I used CD emulators and some occasional crack to avoid having to use CDs. But know I honestly can't even remember the last game on disc I bought and I've even bought some older titles I already owned again as digital downloads just to be able to avoid the whole CD hassle (usually only if the game is $5 or less).

godbrother

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
I've actually been doing this for some time now. I own a good ammount of games I used to play (no time latly) and I was sick of running around finding the CD's (I was a messy person) So all I did was D/L working no cd fixs, and played with them instead.

Plus, my CD Key was legit, so I had no problems going online :)

+ 1 for no-cd fixs.

sbdragon89

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
yes but steam always drops my downloads, plus its cheaper to buy the games here where i am then to buy them in US $ you see, so thats my problem =/

beehew

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2009
I got around having to hunt for the disks by putting them all in a wallet on my desk. When the day comes that I can't swap out a CD that is sitting no more than a foot from me, I don't deserve to play whatever it is.

On a related note, I have STALKER 2 and am getting an error stating that I need to insert the disk, even though it is already in the drive. After looking the problem up on the 'net, it seems that the only way around it is to download the no-cd crack- ironically enough.

mjurgilas

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009

STALKER 2 there is no such game mabey you mean stalker:clear sky ?

Lerxst09

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
I personally will want to play a game, but i really don't get around to it because of the CD. Its so convenient to just click my game on the desktop and i truly play those games more often because of it. I loved Crysis, but i never play it, instead I'll play Warhead just because there is no walk:). In short all games should have the option to play without CD's, it just makes everything more easier. Also if i want to install a game to a new system you wont haft to worry about scratches, since you would probably only handle the actual CD a few times.