asus a7n8x deluxe rev2 vs gigabyte ga-7nnxp

mike88

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2003
which 1 has mounting holes for big heatsinks like the thermalright 800U? also which is better? like features etc...also any1 knwo which is better for overclocking? they're about the same i guess... but there has to be a separating factor... like soundstorm? both hav soundstorm? i know they r both mcp-t..so... yeh

thx

Dionysus

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2003
In my opinion I have been a loyal asus customer since I bought the a7v some years back. I have the asus a7n8x deluxe right now and think its incredible. I've not played with the gigabyte board, however my uncle swears by them. I would say you will come out fine either way. Asus has worked great for me, so I will be sticking with them until I have reason not to.

piasabird

Distinguished
May 16, 2002
I would tend to stick to Asus. The reason I say this is that Asus was one of the advanced implementer of the Nforce and the Nforce2 and now the new Nforce3 Pro Opteron chipset. They have a lot of experience with the Nforce chipsets and seem to be sticking with this as one of their biggest sellers.

I just built a computer with the Asus A7N8X Deluxe and I think it is a great motherboard. I love the way the onboard Sound allows the BIOS to talk to you. Asus Rocks.

Gigabyte is a late implementer of the Nforce2 chipset. I dont see why they held back. Possibly because the Nforce original chipset did not catch on well. I have a Gigabyte motherboard at home in a PII 350 system that is still running after years of abuse. Gigabyte is a good manufacturer also.

This probably doesnt help much does it. Oh well, maybe you can find some loyal Gigabyte fans who have acually used the motherboard.

when you see smoke is that a good sign?

TKH

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2002
Both have the mounting holes. 7NNXP has better feature then A7N8X Deluxe (Gigabit LAN, PATA/SATA RAID, dual BIOS, DSP), but from the review I've read A7N8X Deluxe is highly recommended, and overclock better; I've read that Gigabyte will stop working when the FSB is changed, but I'm not sure if this is a solo case or not. But Gigabyte is relatively new to market, its full potential may not be unleashed yet. And both of them do not have SoundStorm certification, but still you'll enjoy SoundStorm quality sound from them.

If I agree with you... will you shut up?
<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=22996" target="_new">My System Rig</A>

TKH

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2002
Gigabyte is a late implementer of the Nforce2 chipset. I dont see why they held back. Possibly because the Nforce original chipset did not catch on well.
This may be due to Gigabyte "betray" nVidia before (in graphic card market), so nVidia doesn't want to issue Gigabyte the liscense. [man, my imagination went wild :p ]

If I agree with you... will you shut up?
<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=22996" target="_new">My System Rig</A>