Error during uninstallation of MS antispyware

Craig

In order to re-install Microsoft AntiSpyware, I decided to uninstall the
antispyware.
During the uninstallation, I got the following error:

Microsoft AntiSpyware Installer Information

Error 1402. Could not open key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-SOFTWARE-Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run. Verify
that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support
personnel.

Because this error, uninstallation was failed.

I am wondering why "run" file could not open. What is the solution?
Thanks. Craig

Craig,

Using the registry editor ( go to Start, Run, type in
regedit
Click OK )
navigate to the key, click once on it, then click Edit, Permissions.
If your User Profile has Administrator rights then the boxes should be
checked next to Full Control and Read. SYSTEM should be set the same.
If they aren't suggest you change them.
Error 1402 can be caused by malware already present on the system. Have
you scanned for them lately ? :
http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm

If the registry key is set correctly and you're still getting the error
then suggest you go to Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel. Click
on Microsoft AntiSpyware BETA to highlight it, then click the
Change/Remove button. Choose the Update option. This will result in the
reinstallation of MWAS.
Another method to reinstall it is by using the Windows Installer Cleanup
Utility to remove all configuration settings for MWAS, then attempting
to install it to the same folder where it presently resides :
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

MowGreen [MVP 2004-2005]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

Craig wrote:

> In order to re-install Microsoft AntiSpyware, I decided to uninstall the
> antispyware.
> During the uninstallation, I got the following error:
>
> Microsoft AntiSpyware Installer Information
>
> Error 1402. Could not open key:
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-SOFTWARE-Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run. Verify
> that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support
> personnel.
>
> Because this error, uninstallation was failed.
>
> I am wondering why "run" file could not open. What is the solution?
> Thanks. Craig

QT

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2004

Try the anti spyware group.Anti spyware is a beta so you should post to the
specific group so all potential bugs can be seen by the people dealing with
that particular program.
http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?ICP=spyware

templeltd@hotmail.com