Mw2!! operating system

hey guys just wondering if you think I'll be able to run mw2. Cod4 ran, but for some reason would exit often during the map loading and sometimes randomly and would be laggy on the airstrikes.

I'm not too computer saavy so here's some info copied from dxdiag:

Intel(R) Core 2 duo CPU E 6550 @ 2.33GHz (2CPUs)
2044MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT

Display Memory: 512.0 MB
Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200

Hope this is all the required info.. what other info is needed??

Thanks for your time :D
6 answers Last reply
More about operating system
  1. Mech Warrior 2? If thats what you mean I used to play that on a PII 450Mhz with 256mb Ram and 4mb on board VGA in DOS lol.

Still have it but much to my disappointment it does not run in Vista 64bit or even XP :'(

Then again you could mean modern warfare 2.

But hey, no details no proper answer.
  2. You probably need to upgrade your videocard to be able to play Modern Warfare 2. 8500GT's are not known for their gaming prowess and you'd be better off finding a cheap 4850 or some nvidia equivalent like a 9800gtx.
  3. Quote:
    you have a pretty decent video cafrd and your cpu is good and so is your ram but are you using vista or xp also try lowering your resolution that would probably help and when playing MW2 from what i've seen on gameplay footage you would want to try playing with no AA and maybe low-medium settings.

The graphics card will definitely struggle with Modern Warfare 2, especially if it already struggling so I would recommend an upgrade of this to get the best out of this game when it comes out. See the Graphics Card charts on this website and compare potential cards in your price range with your current card to see what sort of improvement you should get.
  4. hello thanks everyone..

Yeh I ment Modern warfare 2.

I'm running xp.

so the only upgrade i would need will be videocard, will the core 2 duo processor thing be good enough?

sorry about the lack of info.. im pretty noob

ATI Radeon HD 4870 CrossFire - this seems to have a good rank on here and is cheap ($146) or am I reading it wrong..
    Is this any good in comparison to my current card?

Is it good enough for modern warfare 2?

**edit: please feel free to recommend specifics, also I can pay up to $200 maybe depending on how good a product I'm getting, but even then I don't know how much to spend for any decent parts?

5. Just a quick note, Crossfire (and SLI) refer to having two graphics cards in a system. So in the one you referred to "ATI Radeon HD 4870 Crossfire", this is two Identical 4870s in the same system. I am from the UK so I am not too sure how prices compare here, but a single 4870 I would say is a very good investment. It has more than enough power for what you will need and should stay that way for at least a year certainly. So if you can find one of those at a good price, I would say get one of those.

Onto the CPU. I do think an upgrade (from a gaming perspective) may be imminent soon, but there is still life in your chip. It may begin to struggle on this game, so I would have a go at overclocking it. The graphics card upgrade is far more important than the CPU in your case, so with your budget I, personally, would recommend a 4870 and possibly a good after market cooler for your CPU and get that overclocked. If you can get it to reach about 2.7 / 2.8Ghz, you would be doing great, but even to about 2.5Ghz will give you a nice speed increase.

For example, I OCed my e7300 further from 2.83 to 2.92Ghz and saw about a 2/3 FPS increase on the same benchmark on Resident Evil 5, so every little helps!

Hope this is useful.
  6. Before you buy anything, make sure your Power Supply is able to handle it.

What brand is it?

Also the wattage, and 12v Rail are the info needed.
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Monitors Video Games