what is smartdrive while installing WinXP Home through DOS?

I have tried to install my Windows XP Home from DOS, but it did not install
as it wants me to work smartdrive.. So what can be the problem? What is
smartdrive? How and where can I find it? Help please..

You don't install XP from DOS.. you boot the computer from the XP CD..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

it all to themselves." - Lane Kirkland