XP Professional vs Office Small Bussiness 2003

I have been using XP Professional 2000 and just started using Front Page to
edit Web pages. I "upgraded" to Office Small Business Edition 2003 expecting
to get Front Page 2003 but can only find something called" Publisher". Is
Publisher 2003 the same as Front Page 2003? Better? Worse? Different animals?

In news:EA6B41F3-D87F-419B-9259-E0C35DB73233@microsoft.com,
dnagrimes <dnagrimes@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> I have been using XP Professional 2000 and just started using
> Front
> Page to edit Web pages. I "upgraded" to Office Small Business
> Edition
> 2003 expecting to get Front Page 2003 but can only find
> something
> called" Publisher". Is Publisher 2003 the same as Front Page
> 2003?
> Better? Worse? Different animals?

Different animals entirely. They have different purposes and do
different things.

Please reply to the newsgroup

dnagrimes wrote:
> I have been using XP Professional 2000

There's no such product, so I'm not sure what you're talking about:
two entirely different operating systems, or two different versions of
the Office suite, perhaps?

> and just started using Front Page to
> edit Web pages. I "upgraded" to Office Small Business Edition 2003 expecting
> to get Front Page 2003 but can only find something called" Publisher".

FrontPage isn't part of the Office 2003 Small Business Edition Suite.

> Is
> Publisher 2003 the same as Front Page 2003? Better? Worse? Different animals?

Completely different animals. FrontPage is used for designing web
pages, and Publisher is, as the name suggests, a desktop publishing
application.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

You should always check to see what is included in the box..

http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/howtobuy/compare.mspx

As you can see from website above, Front Page is no longer included..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

it all to themselves." - Lane Kirkland