XP Professional vs Office Small Bussiness 2003

I have been using XP Professional 2000 and just started using Front Page to
edit Web pages. I "upgraded" to Office Small Business Edition 2003 expecting
to get Front Page 2003 but can only find something called" Publisher". Is
Publisher 2003 the same as Front Page 2003? Better? Worse? Different animals?
3 answers Last reply
More about professional office small bussiness 2003

    In news:EA6B41F3-D87F-419B-9259-E0C35DB73233@microsoft.com,
    dnagrimes <dnagrimes@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

    > I have been using XP Professional 2000 and just started using
    > Front
    > Page to edit Web pages. I "upgraded" to Office Small Business
    > Edition
    > 2003 expecting to get Front Page 2003 but can only find
    > something
    > called" Publisher". Is Publisher 2003 the same as Front Page
    > 2003?
    > Better? Worse? Different animals?

    Different animals entirely. They have different purposes and do
    different things.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    dnagrimes wrote:
    > I have been using XP Professional 2000

    There's no such product, so I'm not sure what you're talking about:
    two entirely different operating systems, or two different versions of
    the Office suite, perhaps?

    > and just started using Front Page to
    > edit Web pages. I "upgraded" to Office Small Business Edition 2003 expecting
    > to get Front Page 2003 but can only find something called" Publisher".

    FrontPage isn't part of the Office 2003 Small Business Edition Suite.

    > Is
    > Publisher 2003 the same as Front Page 2003? Better? Worse? Different animals?

    Completely different animals. FrontPage is used for designing web
    pages, and Publisher is, as the name suggests, a desktop publishing
    application.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    You should always check to see what is included in the box..

    http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/howtobuy/compare.mspx

    As you can see from website above, Front Page is no longer included..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    it all to themselves." - Lane Kirkland

    "dnagrimes" <dnagrimes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have been using XP Professional 2000 and just started using Front Page to
    > edit Web pages. I "upgraded" to Office Small Business Edition 2003
    > expecting
    > to get Front Page 2003 but can only find something called" Publisher". Is
    > Publisher 2003 the same as Front Page 2003? Better? Worse? Different
    > animals?

Microsoft Office Windows XP