Problem with Worms

June 21, 2005 11:57:28 AM

MAP Wrote:
> Bill Sharp wrote:-
> Can anyone help me get rid of worms that keep propagating
> themselves.\-
>
> What are the names?
>
> http://wormguard.diamondcs.com.au/
> http://tinyurl.com/dds3r
>
> --
> Mike Pawlak

Hi Mike

They are : Tracert.com , Taskkill.com , Tastlist.com , Regedit.com ,
Ping.com , Netstat.com , ide21201.vxd , CMD.com ,BSZIP.dll.

I have just cleared them all but am sure they will return soon.

--
Bill Sharp

More about : problem worms

June 21, 2005 1:16:07 PM

In news:Bill.Sharp.1qz51r@pcbanter.net,
Bill Sharp <Bill.Sharp.1qz51r@pcbanter.net> had this to say:

> MAP Wrote:
>> Bill Sharp wrote:-
>> Can anyone help me get rid of worms that keep propagating
>> themselves.\-
>>
>> What are the names?
>>
>> http://wormguard.diamondcs.com.au/
>> http://tinyurl.com/dds3r
>>
>> --
>> Mike Pawlak
>
> Hi Mike
>
> They are : Tracert.com , Taskkill.com , Tastlist.com , Regedit.com ,
> Ping.com , Netstat.com , ide21201.vxd , CMD.com ,BSZIP.dll.
>
> I have just cleared them all but am sure they will return soon.

Malware Cleaning :
http://www.kgiii.info/windows/all/general/malwarefix.ht...

Pay closest attention to the part about scanning in safe mode without
networking. If worse comes to worse KAV (www.kaspersky.ru) is good with
more than just standard viruses. Cleaning with any combination of the above
cleaners should (with updated definitions) take care of your problem. In the
mean time grab a copy of Outpost (or a firewall of your favorite flavor)
from www.agnitum.com (trial or free version will work just fine for this)
and stop allowing them to access the internet.

Galen

Sherlock Holmes
!