IC7-Max3 - What do you think?

Flinx

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2001
<A HREF="http://www.abit.com.tw/abitweb/webjsp/english/news1.jsp?pDOCNO=en_0307251" target="_new"> IC7-Max3 </A>

What do you people think?

Some interesting features I thought:

1) cooling for O'clockers- mosfets and capacitors
2) 4 phase power (not sure if IC-7 delivered that b4)
3) Game Acceleration Technology (Hyperthread I guess)
4) Secure IDE!!! (Wow)
5) Faster Lan (Yawn)
6) Sound - SPDIF ????
7) 4 Sata Cables and 2 round (although I'm sure it's not
free, maybe they can get it cheaper in bulk) + unknown
extras...
8) 1GH+FSB
9) Now its your say.......

The loving are the daring!

scottkli

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2003
I give abit a thumbs up for what could turn out to be a great board. Built in encryption for IDE is something I really found to be interesting coming from a MOBO manufacturer. The cooling of capacitors etc. ok not to sure about that. Acceleration Technology, I like, good for people that dont have the overclooking knowledge. Faster Lan not sure its necessary. SPDIF, sounds good but rather have onboard 24bit audio than Digital connectors.
4sata cables 6sata connectors, good for those who adore sata. 1ghz fsb overclocked I assume, just a little faster.
One thing you missed was the One-touch Bios update, might be a less newer but still something that I think is a good addition. Max3 = Easier operation for new overclockers.

What will the price be?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
2) nothing new
3) nothing new (advanced settings for memory timing and PAT controll, same as IC7 and IS7)
5) Really faster? -G already used Intel's custom bus before
6) Same as IS7/IC7 etc.
8) As advertised for IC7

Well, all they really added over the IC7-G was a new SATA controller and a cooling fan/duct. In the process they eliminated legacy ports. I guess if you really hate legacy ports it's the best thing since sliced bread, otherwise, what's the diff?

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>