Closed

Looking for a cheap start up pc

Hey I really need a pc for class, but I'm trying to build a gaming pc to play SW:TOR and bf3. Is anyone selling a cheap pc that I can upgrade down the line? I had a video card I can use.
10 answers Last reply
More about looking cheap start
  1. Check craigslist or anandtech's for sale forum, as well as this one. Post your request at one or more of these sources.
  2. how much you looking to spend?

I have Intel Core i5 2400 with 4GB ram and 500GB Hard drive 520 watt power supply and midtower case
  3. 300-400 then i want to upgrade later, I dont need a video card
  4. You can normally piece together better-performing systems if you buy your components separately & discerningly. Having said that, a good way to get started in the PC building scene is to buy a DIY (Do It Yourself) combo kit (often called a "barebones" system).

Buy a SuperCombo from NewEgg:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.815588
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.752639
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.752648

Another option that I just exercised for a friend: buy a Dell/eMachines/Compaq/whatever system on eBay. My friend is in Atlanta, GA. I just bought a suitable machine & had my friend pick it up, in order to save on shipping fees. An AMD x2, x3, x4, x6 or Intel i3, i5, i7 system with a PCI-Express x16 slot available is all you need.
  5. I have decided to sell my gaming computer as a whole. Not looking to part it out. The build is:

AMD Phenom II X4 830 Quad Core CPU
    Asus M4A88TD-V EVO USB3.0 Motherboard
    2x500GB WD500AAKX 6.0GB/s Sata HDDs
    SilverStone SST-ST40F-ES 400 Watt Power Supply
    ASUS PC-N13 Wireless Network Adapter
    Sapphire Vapor X HD 5750
    ASUS SATA DVD/CD Burner
    4x2GB DDR3 1333 A-DATA RAM *all four slots used*
    Lian Li Black Mid Tower ATX Case. All Black with Blue LED 80mm Fan in front
    I dont remember the model number of the case.

The machine comes with Windows 7 Pro 64 bit installed.

If interested I can sell a logitech K120 Keyboard, G500 Gaming Mouse, and 20" ASUS VE208 monitor. I will not sell the monitor and mouse without selling the computer first as I will need them if the computer isn't sold. You can look me up on ebay. My ebay account is caraudioguy_1. I will gladly email any pics or answer any questions you have. My email address is electric6978@gmail.com.

$420 plus shipping for everything including monitor keyboard and mouse, or $320 + shipping for just the PC.
  6. That's a pretty solid cheap PC. It's not overly upgradeable, but it's a good build for the price as is.
  7. True. But those shellshocker specials usually include a 25% discount which is hard to beat. Some of them come with a hardrive. You have to check back daily to see what package newegg is offering.
  8. Check my thread out, maybe you'd like mine.
Ask a new question

Read More

Classifieds Battlefield Hot Deals Product