Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising

cappster

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007
Anyone else played this yet? I downloaded it from steam last night and played through the first mission. So far I think its pretty cool, but giving commands is overtly difficult. I also don't know if it is my setup or not, but is anyone else not hearing squad members speak in single player missions i.e. Is there no sound such as "enemy at 200 yards" being relayed from bot squad members and is it just text only?

RADIO_ACTIVE

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
Great Game!

I played it all last night. Coop is awsome. My only complaint is no dedicated servers :( (which means if whoever is hosting the server crashes or looses internet connection everyone in the game crashes). Last night we were on mission 5 and the host LOST INTERNET CONNECTION AT HE VERY END OF THE MISSION.

welshmousepk

Distinguished
is this game worth buying?

i was very dissapointed by ArmaII, i liked the idea but it was so buggy it was unplayable IMO.

dragon rising sounds like it may be a 'fixed' arma.

and please tell me the procedural dialogue is no longer word by word...

mojito_619

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2009
Great game, as Radio_Active said coop in multiplayer is amazing. They could improve that AI, some times they act near-retarded. They are quite a few bugs but that's to be expected in nearly all games. All in all, once they get those dedicated servers up and patch it will be a really good game.

cappster

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007
I would buy the game if you are looking for something different than the run and shoot FPS. This is a game where you have to constantly watch all sides, because you never know where an enemy might be waiting for the 1 shot kill. It does have some bugs, but the game play is a nice change from the average FPS. One of the drawbacks is the amount of time that you can spend running, but overall it was a good experience. Coop is also pretty cool.