roy

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003

Just installed XP on a new hard drive and decided to partition the disc at
the same time as installing windows but now only the partition using windows
shows. The major part of the disc is unallocated. How do I get windows to
recognise this partition

Fido

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2005

Roy,
More than likely what happened is when you partioned with XP, it only
formatted the partition running Windows. In order to display your drives you
need to format them so windows can see them. You can do this by right
clicking My Computer, Manage, Disk Management. Then do a format of the
unallocated drives by right clicking, then left click format..

"Roy" wrote:

> Just installed XP on a new hard drive and decided to partition the disc at
> the same time as installing windows but now only the partition using windows
> shows. The major part of the disc is unallocated. How do I get windows to
> recognise this partition

How to use Disk Management to configure basic disks in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;309000

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Roy" wrote:

| Just installed XP on a new hard drive and decided to partition the disc at
| the same time as installing windows but now only the partition using windows
| shows. The major part of the disc is unallocated. How do I get windows to
| recognise this partition

roy

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003