ASUS P4PE MB & WDC 250 GB SATA Drive

JonathanF

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001
Where can I download the Software Device Drivers for my ASUS P4PE Motherboard that will have a new WDC 250 GB SATA Drive and will be running Windows XP Pro?

The WDC 250 GB SATA Drive was a new OEM Drive from Newegg with no Software.

Jonathan

Jonathan

SHARKMEAT

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2003
I,m sorry that I don't no the answer to your question,But being we have the same MB I would hope you could help me out.
Could you tell me what your hardware temp is running in your bios I been haveing problem with mine not going below 41C during idle.If the sensor is bad on my board or what ever I can get an RMA.Thanks

TREAD SLOWLY IN DANGEROUS WATERS

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You mean a driver for the SATA drive under XP? That should have been included with the motherboard on CD, otherwise it's available at Asus's site.

If you need new BIOS to recognize a drive that large, look at Asus's site.

They have both an American site (.com) and a Tiawanese site (.com.tw) in English.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
41C at idle is nearly normal. I'd expect just a little less, but Asus Probe in notoriously inaccurate, that has nothing to do with your sensor, it's a software problem.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>