administrator privileges

All of a sudden, I don't seem to be an administrator here any
more. I've been trying to download some stuff that requires that
I be an administrator on this computer to install. It so happens
that I'm the only one using it. Could some setting have been
inadvertently changed? I'd appreciate anything you can say or do
to fix me up. TIA.
1 answer Last reply
More about administrator privileges

    Try logging off and then log on as Administrator. If you entered an
    administrator password when you set up your computer, use that password.
    Once logged on, go to Users and Groups in Control Panel and edit your user
    object to give it administrator priveleges. Then log off and back on.

    "Claude Beck" wrote:

    > All of a sudden, I don't seem to be an administrator here any
    > more. I've been trying to download some stuff that requires that
    > I be an administrator on this computer to install. It so happens
    > that I'm the only one using it. Could some setting have been
    > inadvertently changed? I'd appreciate anything you can say or do
    > to fix me up. TIA.

Microsoft Windows XP