Cannot get my old (reserve) printer to print

June 21, 2005 11:03:26 PM

I have this week bought an Epson C86 printer which I now discover WILL NOT
TAKE COMPATIBLE CARTRIDGES.
I therefore disconnected it and plugged in my old faithful Epson 880. When I
open any document, select the 880 printer and click "Print", nothing
happens.
I did not uninstall the 880 driver before installing the new C86 printer so
why wont it work?

Any advice appreciated urgently if poss (lots of work to do tonight!)

Many thanks, Chrisss.......

More about : reserve printer print

Anonymous
June 21, 2005 11:03:27 PM

Chrisssssss......... wrote:
> I have this week bought an Epson C86 printer which I now discover
> WILL NOT TAKE COMPATIBLE CARTRIDGES.
> I therefore disconnected it and plugged in my old faithful Epson 880.
> When I open any document, select the 880 printer and click "Print",
> nothing happens.
> I did not uninstall the 880 driver before installing the new C86
> printer so why wont it work?
>
> Any advice appreciated urgently if poss (lots of work to do tonight!)
>
> Many thanks, Chrisss.......

Uninstall all remnants of printer drivers, reboot and reinstall the printer
driver for the one in question.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

> Uninstall all remnants of printer drivers, reboot and reinstall the
> printer driver for the one in question.
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP

Will try this. But I need to ask how I uninstall printer drivers please.
To re-install the correct driver, do I have to use the Epson software disc
again?

Thanks, Chrissss.......
June 21, 2005 11:45:48 PM

You may want to test by downloading the latest drivers from the hardware's
Vendor

Update Microsoft Windows Updates

Start | Shutdown

Unplug the "Problem" hardware, scanner, printer, camera, etc. (after the PC
is off and the power cable unplugged)

Reboot into Safe Mode

Use control panel to remove the "Problem" hardware's drivers / software

Control Panel | System Properties | Device manager | to remove the "Problem"
hardware

Reboot into Normal Mode

Reinstall the latest drivers / software for your hardware.

Start | Shutdown

Re-plug the cables into the hardware
Reboot into normal mode

The OS should install the correct drivers

You will find much more info at:

(316529) CD-R Drive or CD-RW Drive Is
Not Recognized As a Recordable Device
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316529

(324129) HOW TO: Troubleshoot Issues
That Occur When You Write Data to a CD-R
or CD-RW Optical Disc in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324129
=======================================
"Imagination...is the irrepressible revolutionist."
Regards, Gary 'Doc' Adams @ LsuEdu @ Msn.com
Louisiana @ 314.479.8201
http://military.accaw.org/adams
~ Read to Learn - Write to Think ~
=======================================

"Chrisssssss........." <chris@newsgroupinfo.wanadoo.co.uk> wrote in message
news:D 99n8k$sum$1@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk...
>> Uninstall all remnants of printer drivers, reboot and reinstall the
>> printer driver for the one in question.
>>
>> --
>> Shenan Stanley
>> MS-MVP
>

> Will try this. But I need to ask how I uninstall printer drivers please.
> To re-install the correct driver, do I have to use the Epson software disc
> again?
>
> Thanks, Chrissss.......

Anonymous
June 21, 2005 11:45:48 PM

New drivers will be at the Epson website... www.epson.co.uk
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Chrisssssss........." <chris@newsgroupinfo.wanadoo.co.uk> wrote in message
news:D 99n8k$sum$1@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk...
>> Uninstall all remnants of printer drivers, reboot and reinstall the
>> printer driver for the one in question.
>>
>> --
>> Shenan Stanley
>> MS-MVP
>

> Will try this. But I need to ask how I uninstall printer drivers please.
> To re-install the correct driver, do I have to use the Epson software disc
> again?
>
> Thanks, Chrissss.......

Anonymous
June 22, 2005 9:00:04 PM

You dont have the new printer still set as default by any chance do you?

!