Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

FS: Brand New XFX 7970 Black Edition $475

Last response: in Deals
Share
January 23, 2012 8:09:02 PM

My business bought a bunch of 6990s and one 7970 and then suddenly realized they didn't need the 7970. Don't ask me why.

Anyway, they gave it to me to sell and just said to get what I can, so I'm giving the community here a chance to get a sweet card for a great deal.

It's this exact card.

$475 shipped.

Paypal and Cont. U.S. only.

Heatware = http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=77220

January 23, 2012 8:09:45 PM

That is shipped btw.
January 23, 2012 8:46:57 PM

If only I had $475 lying around. Thanks for giving tom's audience a great deal though. I hope you make one of them a lucky person!
Related resources
January 23, 2012 9:44:47 PM

I call dibs on this its mine mine my precious 7970!
January 23, 2012 10:34:49 PM

I wish I'd actually use it--then I'd try to buy it.
January 24, 2012 4:30:53 PM

If you still have the card I'd like to buy it from you. I can link feedback if you'd like.
January 24, 2012 6:09:30 PM

he is not answering my pms
January 24, 2012 8:27:03 PM

Payment sent. Looking forward to receiving an excellent card. =]
January 24, 2012 11:25:27 PM

i hate you
January 25, 2012 1:57:17 PM

One of our guys decided not to use his new 7970 that the company bought and is keeping his old card. So his brand new never opened XFX 7970 is now up for sale too.

I've already pmed the people who have made offers on the first one.

And please PM me when you've paid. Don't post it here in case there are problems with paypal processing your payment.


Thanks
January 26, 2012 11:46:50 PM

Still waiting to receive the tracking information.....
January 27, 2012 4:05:33 AM

I have another one for sale if anyone is interested. And Jaguar I have your tracking at my office and will send it asap. Sorry for the delay. I ship UPS using our warehouse shipping guys and have to wait for them to give me the tracking.


Still have one of these guys. I figured it would go fast but so far nothing.
January 28, 2012 1:07:54 PM

Money in my account and PM sent ....the card still available?
January 28, 2012 1:46:28 PM

Sabiancym said:
One of our guys decided not to use his new 7970 that the company bought and is keeping his old card. So his brand new never opened XFX 7970 is now up for sale too.

I've already pmed the people who have made offers on the first one.

And please PM me when you've paid. Don't post it here in case there are problems with paypal processing your payment.


Thanks


Thought you said in the first post the company only bought 1 and that was the one you were selling to start with so how do you suddenly have a 2nd one just after the first is sold ??? (seems a bit off esp. since the person buying the first is still waiting on shipping info after paying)
January 28, 2012 8:44:26 PM

JDFan said:
(seems a bit off esp. since the person buying the first is still waiting on shipping info after paying)


^ This

@ OP - If I don't have a tracking number by Monday night I'll open a case with PayPal. You've had plenty of time to send it to me, and yet I await its arrival.
January 30, 2012 9:46:49 PM

/agree Sounds like you got scammed. It's just like the last one with the 6950/70 where he supposedly had three of them.
January 31, 2012 2:27:16 AM

Total scam!
February 1, 2012 4:58:41 AM

So, how did it end up, got a tracking number?
February 1, 2012 3:34:00 PM

brianmz said:
So, how did it end up, got a tracking number?


Of course not. I filed a dispute with PayPal and have to wait until Feb 10th to get my money back.
February 1, 2012 3:54:54 PM

jaguarmatt said:
Of course not. I filed a dispute with PayPal and have to wait until Feb 10th to get my money back.


That sucks -- but at least PAYPAL will get you the money back and he didn't talk you into gifting it to avoid them taking their fee which also would mean no dispute process (Had a feeling something was up when he suddenly found another card once the one had sold !!)

Don't forget to go to his Heatware account and report it there to help others avoid the same thing happening to them !! He's also got several threads selling items on HardForum but on there he's saying he's got 6990's for sale cause the company bought a lot unit and did not need them all (and can not RMA or they lose the Qty pricing !) and is doing the same "got one more available now" to them as he was starting here !!
February 1, 2012 7:28:38 PM

It sucks to get scammed don't get me wrong, and I mean no offence by this but COME'ON MAN! The first post seemed off. Hey we just got a bunch of new cards, a couple being "brand shiney new xfx black editions" and we just dont need them now so they said here, take this and sell it........ just sounds fishy. Be smart! If I sell something i'm willing to give out pretty much any information about myself so the person knows I am legit.

Hope it turns out ok and you get the refund, im rooting for you!
February 1, 2012 8:06:51 PM

jchurch83 said:
It sucks to get scammed don't get me wrong, and I mean no offence by this but COME'ON MAN! The first post seemed off. Hey we just got a bunch of new cards, a couple being "brand shiney new xfx black editions" and we just dont need them now so they said here, take this and sell it........ just sounds fishy. Be smart! If I sell something i'm willing to give out pretty much any information about myself so the person knows I am legit.

Hope it turns out ok and you get the refund, im rooting for you!


Well, the fact the he wanted to use PayPal, his user account is over 3 years old, and he had positive rating on Heat Ware made it seem alright.
I've been scammed twice on Tom's Hardware in the past month. Throughout 3 years of buying and selling components, these are the only two times something like this had happened.
February 3, 2012 1:16:26 PM

It's a scam...He's scamming people at [H] forum to..

Do not buy from him.
!