Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabiancym

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2008
One of our guys decided not to use his new 7970 that the company bought and is keeping his old card. So his brand new never opened XFX 7970 is now up for sale too.

I've already pmed the people who have made offers on the first one.

And please PM me when you've paid. Don't post it here in case there are problems with paypal processing your payment.

Thanks

Sabiancym

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2008
I have another one for sale if anyone is interested. And Jaguar I have your tracking at my office and will send it asap. Sorry for the delay. I ship UPS using our warehouse shipping guys and have to wait for them to give me the tracking.

Still have one of these guys. I figured it would go fast but so far nothing.

Thought you said in the first post the company only bought 1 and that was the one you were selling to start with so how do you suddenly have a 2nd one just after the first is sold ??? (seems a bit off esp. since the person buying the first is still waiting on shipping info after paying)

jaguarmatt

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010

^ This

@ OP - If I don't have a tracking number by Monday night I'll open a case with PayPal. You've had plenty of time to send it to me, and yet I await its arrival.

jaguarmatt

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010

Of course not. I filed a dispute with PayPal and have to wait until Feb 10th to get my money back.

That sucks -- but at least PAYPAL will get you the money back and he didn't talk you into gifting it to avoid them taking their fee which also would mean no dispute process (Had a feeling something was up when he suddenly found another card once the one had sold !!)

Don't forget to go to his Heatware account and report it there to help others avoid the same thing happening to them !! He's also got several threads selling items on HardForum but on there he's saying he's got 6990's for sale cause the company bought a lot unit and did not need them all (and can not RMA or they lose the Qty pricing !) and is doing the same "got one more available now" to them as he was starting here !!

jchurch83

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
It sucks to get scammed don't get me wrong, and I mean no offence by this but COME'ON MAN! The first post seemed off. Hey we just got a bunch of new cards, a couple being "brand shiney new xfx black editions" and we just dont need them now so they said here, take this and sell it........ just sounds fishy. Be smart! If I sell something i'm willing to give out pretty much any information about myself so the person knows I am legit.

Hope it turns out ok and you get the refund, im rooting for you!

jaguarmatt

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010

Well, the fact the he wanted to use PayPal, his user account is over 3 years old, and he had positive rating on Heat Ware made it seem alright.
I've been scammed twice on Tom's Hardware in the past month. Throughout 3 years of buying and selling components, these are the only two times something like this had happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.