xp login curser is not showing

Hi, I'm trying to type in my password to login to xp pro.
but the curser isn't there.

What can it be???
I have to restart the computer to fix it but every once in a while it
comes back :eek:

thanks Spiderlucci :)

--
spiderlucci

Juan

Distinguished
May 5, 2003

During a successfull logon change the keyboard/mouse driver in:
Start\Run\type; devmgmt.msc and hit enter\look in keyboards or in the
Control Panel\Keyboard\hardware\properties\driver\update driver\let the
program search for a compatable driver and if not successfull go to
Start\Run\type; services.msc\
and double clic on the Plug and Play service and click on Start button then
set start mode in automatic... then go to the device manager and from the
device properties select Uninstall and restart the computer. If that
doesn't do it, try the manual installation in Control
Panel\Keyboard\hardware\properties\driver and select update driver, select
from a list or known location (recommended), Select don't change I will
select etc.... if Microsoft Standard Natural Keyboards 101/102 key driver is
available just click next.. if it's not, uncheck on 'Show compatable
hardware' and select it from the list by Maker and Model and click on next
to complete the installation.

If your present keyboard-mouse driver had not been changed which could have
initially caused the problem, or if changing the driver makes no differencie
it may be the driver has become corrupt and must be updated. Download an
updated driver from Windows Update with Administrator Options. If that
still does not fix the problem consider getting a new mouse. Updating the
mouse software could be another solution. Go to Microsoft Download Center
with a click on the next link and tipe 'Intellimouse" in the search window
and download intellipoint 5.2 mose software. Infact you could install this
software in the first place and hope that solves the problem.

IntelliPoint 5.2 Mouse Software for Windows XP and 2000
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.aspx?displaylang=en

Hope this helps.