xp login curser is not showing

Hi, I'm trying to type in my password to login to xp pro.
but the curser isn't there.

What can it be???
I have to restart the computer to fix it but every once in a while it
comes back :eek:

thanks Spiderlucci :)

--
spiderlucci
1 answer Last reply

    During a successfull logon change the keyboard/mouse driver in:
    Start\Run\type; devmgmt.msc and hit enter\look in keyboards or in the
    Control Panel\Keyboard\hardware\properties\driver\update driver\let the
    program search for a compatable driver and if not successfull go to
    Start\Run\type; services.msc\
    and double clic on the Plug and Play service and click on Start button then
    set start mode in automatic... then go to the device manager and from the
    device properties select Uninstall and restart the computer. If that
    doesn't do it, try the manual installation in Control
    Panel\Keyboard\hardware\properties\driver and select update driver, select
    from a list or known location (recommended), Select don't change I will
    select etc.... if Microsoft Standard Natural Keyboards 101/102 key driver is
    available just click next.. if it's not, uncheck on 'Show compatable
    hardware' and select it from the list by Maker and Model and click on next
    to complete the installation.

    If your present keyboard-mouse driver had not been changed which could have
    initially caused the problem, or if changing the driver makes no differencie
    it may be the driver has become corrupt and must be updated. Download an
    updated driver from Windows Update with Administrator Options. If that
    still does not fix the problem consider getting a new mouse. Updating the
    mouse software could be another solution. Go to Microsoft Download Center
    with a click on the next link and tipe 'Intellimouse" in the search window
    and download intellipoint 5.2 mose software. Infact you could install this
    software in the first place and hope that solves the problem.

    IntelliPoint 5.2 Mouse Software for Windows XP and 2000
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.aspx?displaylang=en

    Hope this helps.

    -----------------------------------
    "spiderlucci" <spiderlucci.1r0j1n@pcbanter.net> escribió en el mensaje

    > Hi, I'm trying to type in my password to login to xp pro.
    > but the curser isn't there.
    >
    > What can it be???
    > I have to restart the computer to fix it but every once in a while it
    > comes back :eek:
    >
    > thanks Spiderlucci :)
    >

    > --
    > spiderlucci