Windows Update Problem

June 22, 2005 11:26:04 AM

I have updated my windows xp Pro..
I also also configured gpedit.msc to remove links to auto update and also
turning of auto updates using control panel ...
But still Auto update is not stopped ....:###
When i remove wuauclt.exe from task managager ...After few seconds it again
gets started.....

Help me to remove all the Autoupdate and also remove update of windows
Messenger

More about : windows update problem

Anonymous
June 22, 2005 4:28:47 PM

Start, Settings, Control Panel, Automatic Updates..........place a 'dot' in
the radio button option to stop Auto Updates.
Heirloom, old and semi-auto

"niet_azhar" <niet_azhar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have updated my windows xp Pro..
> I also also configured gpedit.msc to remove links to auto update and also
> turning of auto updates using control panel ...
> But still Auto update is not stopped ....:###
> When i remove wuauclt.exe from task managager ...After few seconds it
> again
> gets started.....
>
> Help me to remove all the Autoupdate and also remove update of windows
> Messenger
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 12:21:42 AM

Hi,

It's a protected system file, you would want to remove it from
%windir%\system32\dllcache as well.

Run services.msc, locate the automatic update service and disable it (set
startup type to disabled).

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/