Windows Update Problem

I have updated my windows xp Pro..
I also also configured gpedit.msc to remove links to auto update and also
turning of auto updates using control panel ...
But still Auto update is not stopped ....:###
When i remove wuauclt.exe from task managager ...After few seconds it again
gets started.....

Help me to remove all the Autoupdate and also remove update of windows
Messenger
2 answers Last reply
More about windows update problem

    Start, Settings, Control Panel, Automatic Updates..........place a 'dot' in
    the radio button option to stop Auto Updates.
    Heirloom, old and semi-auto

    "niet_azhar" <niet_azhar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have updated my windows xp Pro..
    > I also also configured gpedit.msc to remove links to auto update and also
    > turning of auto updates using control panel ...
    > But still Auto update is not stopped ....:###
    > When i remove wuauclt.exe from task managager ...After few seconds it
    > again
    > gets started.....
    >
    > Help me to remove all the Autoupdate and also remove update of windows
    > Messenger

    Hi,

    It's a protected system file, you would want to remove it from
    %windir%\system32\dllcache as well.

    Run services.msc, locate the automatic update service and disable it (set
    startup type to disabled).

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "niet_azhar" <niet_azhar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have updated my windows xp Pro..
    > I also also configured gpedit.msc to remove links to auto update and also
    > turning of auto updates using control panel ...
    > But still Auto update is not stopped ....:###
    > When i remove wuauclt.exe from task managager ...After few seconds it
    > again
    > gets started.....
    >
    > Help me to remove all the Autoupdate and also remove update of windows
    > Messenger

Windows Update Microsoft Windows XP