having to use password after returning from "sleep"

I am running xp pro and when my system returns from sleep mode it brings me
back to the log in logo. Can it be set to return to the desktop or program
which was left running?

Sure. Open Display Properties (from Control Panel or right-click on the
desktop and select Properties) and select the Screen Saver tab. You'll find
the setting there.

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

"watabaeglake" <watabaeglake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am running xp pro and when my system returns from sleep mode it brings
me
> back to the log in logo. Can it be set to return to the desktop or program
> which was left running?

Hi

Don't set a password for the return.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"watabaeglake" <watabaeglake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am running xp pro and when my system returns from sleep mode it brings me
> back to the log in logo. Can it be set to return to the desktop or program
> which was left running?

Actually, if the user is referring to standby, this option is in the Power configuration properties, Advanced tab.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.