What is the worst game you have ever played

So what is the worst game you have played in your live. It doesn't matter if it is on console or on pc.
P.S sorry if i made any mistakes english is my second language.
44 answers Last reply
More about what worst game played
  1. I know i wil get AAAALLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTT of hatemail and criticism for this but..............CURRENTLY the worst game ive played would be World of Warcraft, i got bored after one week, the fighting wasnt intense sure it had good graphic and a good interface but it just didnt appeal, thank god it was only a free trial. I wasted 1.5 gbs of internet downloading patches and updates, and i felt that the gameplay didnt make up for it, plus during the game, i encountered many flamboyant characters who were accustom to using the F word. And the conversations there were nearly all in WoW jargon and in abbreviated form for eg "sup mb, gtg brb sner lvl up 4 me wnt u?" and so forth. Plus i met alot of angry 40 year old virgins who did not like "palidins" and some strange teenagers calling me a "noob palidin" what a warm welcome!
  2. I haven't come across a game with sooo many bugs that it's unplayable. But the worst game I've played is Hearts Of Iron III. I bought thinking it would freshen up my game collection. I regretted it. It's just not my style, waaaay too complicated - for me anyways.
  3. recently, ArmaII. a total broken mess of a game that should not have been released as it was.

    my whole life?.... ET: the extra terrestrial. that game was enitrely fail.

    special mention though to two worlds, damnation and vampire rain. the develepors must have known their games suck, but they released them anyway. bravo.

    oh and at the guy who said wow, i understand you not liking a game, but if you enjoyed it for a week before getting bored and class it as the worst game you've ever played.... well youve either been very lucky, or you dont play a whole many games :D
  4. i didnt enjoy wow at all -_- and im not a die hard gamer, i play only a few games mostly based on LOTR
  5. Soldier Front; that free game that attempted to copy CS
  6. pyro767 said:
    I know i wil get AAAALLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTT of hatemail and criticism for this but..............CURRENTLY the worst game ive played would be World of Warcraft, i got bored after one week, the fighting wasnt intense sure it had good graphic and a good interface but it just didnt appeal, thank god it was only a free trial. I wasted 1.5 gbs of internet downloading patches and updates, and i felt that the gameplay didnt make up for it, plus during the game, i encountered many flamboyant characters who were accustom to using the F word. And the conversations there were nearly all in WoW jargon and in abbreviated form for eg "sup mb, gtg brb sner lvl up 4 me wnt u?" and so forth. Plus i met alot of angry 40 year old virgins who did not like "palidins" and some strange teenagers calling me a "noob palidin" what a warm welcome!

    Yeah i tried wow too it tooked a lot if time to download the patches after all that i turned it on and i got bored of it in 4hrs (im not into mmorpg)
  7. Assassins Creed for me. Thought it was such a let down after all the hype it received. On the other hand, Dr Robotics Lean Bean Machine has to be the best game ever.
  8. The original resident evil on playstation - awful control/combat system, worst acting ever in the cutscenes. I got bored literally by the time the first zombie showed up.
  9. World of Warcraft, Halo and any Final Fantasy after 7

    Not that they're bad or buggy games, but they just aren't any fun: I detest the fact that I have no control over what I do in WoW (I'm not getting into the argument about D20, turn-based systems), Halo isn't original, imaginative or even pretty, and I was sick of carrying a limited number of weapons after Soldier of Fortune 18 months prior. And I bought Final Fantasy to PLAY A GAME, not move my tiny character around for 30 seconds before another 10 minute video cutscene runs - if I want to watch a movie I'll go to the theatre.

    Metal Gear Solid 4's even worse for that...
  10. Uplink
  11. Devastator_uk said:
    Uplink

    I Actually played uplink its not that badi kind of liked the hacker thing
  12. Well,

    I don't remember the worst game I ever played, but the best ever for me is Supaplex.
  13. Devastator_uk said:
    Uplink


    Heresy!

    Brilliant game but there are two issues for me:

    1: after you do a job to trace stolen funds, if you successfully hack that bank account afterwards and transfer the money to you (which is SO cool it's untrue) you have enough cash to build a maxed-out deck and the game just becomes far too easy from there, plus your elite rating jumps so high in one go you miss out on a lot of fun missions.

    2: the storyline takes FAR too long to kick in and the story jobs are too infrequent
  14. Rocky & Bullwinkle and Friends for the NES. Worst game of all time, end discussion.
  15. LePhuronn said:
    Heresy!

    Brilliant game but there are two issues for me:

    1: after you do a job to trace stolen funds, if you successfully hack that bank account afterwards and transfer the money to you (which is SO cool it's untrue) you have enough cash to build a maxed-out deck and the game just becomes far too easy from there, plus your elite rating jumps so high in one go you miss out on a lot of fun missions.

    2: the storyline takes FAR too long to kick in and the story jobs are too infrequent

    i love hacking to the servers and destroying them
  16. Shaq-Fu

    I think the name says it all.
  17. wheel of fortune
  18. obsidian86 said:
    wheel of fortune

    For what it was I always thought Wheel of Fortune was fun.
  19. Any game that requires a monthly payment.....

    ohh and Halo, what a joke..... a game that turns adults into childish noobs.... Never understood how someone can get addicted to such a game.....
  20. OvrClkr said:
    Any game that requires a monthly payment.....

    ohh and Halo, what a joke..... a game that turns adults into childish noobs.... Never understood how someone can get addicted to such a game.....

    I guess that includes all PC, console and any other electronic game since they run on electricity which most people have to pay a monthly fee for.
  21. No comment......
  22. wheel of fortune just frustrates the crap outta you
  23. obsidian86 said:
    wheel of fortune just frustrates the crap outta you

    I'm guessing there are many versions of Wheel of Fortune, but I always remembered the NES version being somewhat decent. At least for what it was.
  24. I never got into WoW. I tried it for a few hours, then uninstalled. I also can't justify the monthly fee.

    But hands down, the worst game I ever played was Mageknight: Apocalypse. Game was on 6 CDs and took like an hour to install, and it was pretty much unplayable. I played for 5 minutes, and it's "Drama-free" camera had already drove me nuts. There is no way to shift the camera angle, it is always at the same angle, which makes the game like a platformer almost, or Diablo II. Except you can move behind large objects, where enemies are and items can be hiding, but you can't really see much behind it and you can't rotate the camera to change it. Good thing I only spent $7 on it, but even still, it was the worst game I've ever played in my life.
  25. mjurgilas said:
    So what is the worst game you have played in your live. It doesn't matter if it is on console or on pc.
    P.S sorry if i made any mistakes english is my second language.

    The worst game I have ever played was one of the Might and Magic games, I can't remember which one. It was the first game in the series to feature a 3-d engine, which is sad because I think it came out in 2001. What is even more sad is that even though 3-d games had been out for a long time before that the game was still the worst looking thing I had ever seen.
    Apart from the horrible graphics, the gameplay was still cruddy, level and character designs were terrible and just about everything in the game felt like dollar bin craptasity.
  26. LePhuronn said:
    World of Warcraft, Halo and any Final Fantasy after 7

    Not that they're bad or buggy games, but they just aren't any fun: I detest the fact that I have no control over what I do in WoW (I'm not getting into the argument about D20, turn-based systems), Halo isn't original, imaginative or even pretty, and I was sick of carrying a limited number of weapons after Soldier of Fortune 18 months prior. And I bought Final Fantasy to PLAY A GAME, not move my tiny character around for 30 seconds before another 10 minute video cutscene runs - if I want to watch a movie I'll go to the theatre.

    Metal Gear Solid 4's even worse for that...

    Agreed. Some cut scenes in that game are almost as long as actual movies. Hideo should really consider just becoming a director at this point.
  27. Console gaming period.
  28. Stalin vs martians - first it's fun but averything else is... OMG!!!
  29. Crysis,Crysis Warhead.
  30. I think most of you are confusing "worst game ever" with "didn't meet my expectations at all". I can't really remember the worst game I've ever played, probably because I wanted to forget it. Probably it's dragon crystal for sega master system (for nostalgia reasons, though, I did download it for me sega master system emulator - can anyone tell me if this is legal? I do own the game legally, so this must be legal as well, right? But I digress)

    Anyway, the game that I thought was horrible and didn't meet my expectations at all was Temple of Elemental Evil. I love BG and BG2 and I love Icewind Dale 1 and 2, so I was pretty excited to play this...

    I didn't like the turn based system, but I could get over it (not having played PnP D&D I wanted the under-the-hood turn based system of BG). Graphics were OK, better than the BG series. But what was with the voice acting? I literally stopped playing the minute that drunk guy/potential companion/mercenary came into the picture. Worst.Voice actor.Ever. It was the most ridiculous drunk depiction ever. So I stopped playing. Maybe I missed on a great game, though I think the combat system would have bored me at some point.
  31. For being the biggest let down it has to be Far Cry 2. It 'looked' great, started well but then....running about for half an hour to get 1 bloody diamond?! wtf?!

    Too many really bad games to list/remember, but in particular I thought the original Hitman game was absolute pantaloons.

    AC
  32. pyro767 said:
    I know i wil get AAAALLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTT of hatemail and criticism for this but..............CURRENTLY the worst game ive played would be World of Warcraft, i got bored after one week, the fighting wasnt intense sure it had good graphic and a good interface but it just didnt appeal, thank god it was only a free trial. I wasted 1.5 gbs of internet downloading patches and updates, and i felt that the gameplay didnt make up for it, plus during the game, i encountered many flamboyant characters who were accustom to using the F word. And the conversations there were nearly all in WoW jargon and in abbreviated form for eg "sup mb, gtg brb sner lvl up 4 me wnt u?" and so forth. Plus i met alot of angry 40 year old virgins who did not like "palidins" and some strange teenagers calling me a "noob palidin" what a warm welcome!


    If I could give you 100 thumbs up I would.
  33. will_chellam said:
    The original resident evil on playstation - awful control/combat system, worst acting ever in the cutscenes. I got bored literally by the time the first zombie showed up.


    I love me some Resident Evil excessive hand motion 'acting.' "You, the master of unlocking..." priceless. :love:
  34. My dad, God bless him, came home one day with a Phillips CD-I he got from a co-worker who told him this thing was 'the future of home media.' He also picked up Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon (had to google the title couldn't remember it).

    OH. MY. LORD. I am actually in pain typing this as it's bringing back painful repressed memories. Where do I start: Asanine story, crazy goofy 'animated' cut scenes, no control over your character, horrible hit detection, no idea of where/what to do... it was unconcionable something like this was ever made. I can't think of any game I personally have played that has come close to the 'experience' of this title.


    The author of this post is not responsible for any harm viewers may do to themselves or others after witnessing the following video clip. You have been warned...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mHw5g55oC4
  35. Ohh this is easy. Extreme Paintbrawl http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sscZwEF_9u4&feature=player_embedded

    I would rather stand naked and be shot by 10 people with actual paintballs then play this game ever again. The only thing extreme about this game was the pain that it caused.
  36. OvrClkr said:
    Any game that requires a monthly payment.....

    I feel it man.
  37. ac3144 said:
    For being the biggest let down it has to be Far Cry 2. It 'looked' great, started well but then....running about for half an hour to get 1 bloody diamond?! wtf?!

    Too many really bad games to list/remember, but in particular I thought the original Hitman game was absolute pantaloons.

    AC

    Yeah. The sheer amount of traveling you had to endure coupled with the amount of potential firefights between you and your actual mission really hindered the experience for me. Fable 2, and ES:Oblivion were also major dissapointments in my opinion.
  38. You are right about Oblivion.Leveling system was a disaster.
  39. Gothic III. The first 2 in the series were one of the primary reasons i enjoy single player RPG's. Pt 3 was so shoddy it was unplayable.

    Recently built an i7 920, with a ATI 5870. This machine smokes everything i feed it right now.Tried to reintall gothic 3 and the damn game was still unplayable even on low settings.
  40. Myst, i guess i just suck major balls at solving stupid puzzles. I like solving puzzles btw, just not stupid ones.
  41. Everquest. It may have taken me 7 years to figure it out, but definitely the worst game ever (for my social life).
  42. hahaha...my worst game ever... hmmm
    that would be minesweeper..=)
  43. Worst game?
    I'd have to give my vote to WoW. Like someone pointed out: it just isn't worth the cost (and I'm also not talking about money) 4.5 years well spent.
Ask a new question

Read More

Games Consoles Video Games