log off after 5 minutes

I have Win XP running on a dell desktop. Once I have fully booted up
and have the desktop showing, if I do not use the key board or mouse
for 5 minutes, Windows automatically takes me to a log on screen where
I have to click on my user name again. (I have the computer set up for
3 users.). Is there a way to stop this automatic "log off" or at least
to increase the time before it automatically logs off? Thx

--
sjm
1 answer Last reply

    Hi,

    Right click the desktop, select properties. Go to the screensaver tab.
    Either change the timeout, or disable the option for "On resume, display
    Welcome screen".

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "sjm" <sjm.1r1x1s@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > I have Win XP running on a dell desktop. Once I have fully booted up
    > and have the desktop showing, if I do not use the key board or mouse
    > for 5 minutes, Windows automatically takes me to a log on screen where
    > I have to click on my user name again. (I have the computer set up for
    > 3 users.). Is there a way to stop this automatic "log off" or at least
    > to increase the time before it automatically logs off? Thx
    >

    > --
    > sjm

Desktops Microsoft Windows XP