log off after 5 minutes

sjm

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2004

I have Win XP running on a dell desktop. Once I have fully booted up
and have the desktop showing, if I do not use the key board or mouse
for 5 minutes, Windows automatically takes me to a log on screen where
I have to click on my user name again. (I have the computer set up for
3 users.). Is there a way to stop this automatic "log off" or at least
to increase the time before it automatically logs off? Thx

--
sjm

Hi,

Right click the desktop, select properties. Go to the screensaver tab.
Either change the timeout, or disable the option for "On resume, display
Welcome screen".

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/