Modem comands

Hi all,

Just got XP and using a conexant data/fax modem. How can I make changes
to modem registers? I can't get init strings in modem properties, or
changes made via terminal, to take.

Also I'd like to be able to use the modem's speaker instead of having it
run through the system speakers, but can't find anything in volume
control to mute or turn off.

Thanks for any help!

-mb

markB <mb@netweb.net> wrote:

>Just got XP and using a conexant data/fax modem. How can I make changes
>to modem registers? I can't get init strings in modem properties, or
>changes made via terminal, to take.

You can set up these strings from the Device Manager. Open the
Properties for the Modem and check the "Advanced" tab.

--
(tm)
ICQ: 192649233

Thorsten Matzner expounded thusly:

>>Just got XP and using a conexant data/fax modem. How can I make changes
>>to modem registers? I can't get init strings in modem properties, or
>>changes made via terminal, to take.
>

> You can set up these strings from the Device Manager. Open the
> Properties for the Modem and check the "Advanced" tab.

Thanks for the response. I have tried entering an init string there.
Also live via terminal. All I'm trying to change is the S11 register to
get it to dial faster. With a term program, modem reports the register
has changed, but it does not affect the active profile or actually
change the dial speed. I've had no problems using init strings in 98SE,
so I dunno..
-mb