I just got a computer from a friend and i had to re-install windows xp on it.
and somehow it got onto the smallest drive (drive "D") when I wanted it on
drive "C". Now I keep getting a message that pops up and says " low drive
space" or something like that. and i've tried everything. it only has 6% free
space while the "C" drive has 56%. How can I get windows onto the "c"
drive???? PLEASE HELP!!!!

Melissa, just disconnect the drive that you installed WinXP to. Pull
the white power connector plug. Then reinstall XP
on the C: drive. After WinXP is loaded on C: you can reconnect the
drive and from C: you can format it. If you don't
see the drive in Explorer when you reconnect it rt click
MyComputer>select Manage>Disk Management>rt click on
the drive and assign a drive letter to it.
"Melissa Notman" <MelissaNotman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just got a computer from a friend and i had to re-install windows xp on
>it.
> and somehow it got onto the smallest drive (drive "D") when I wanted it on
> drive "C". Now I keep getting a message that pops up and says " low drive
> space" or something like that. and i've tried everything. it only has 6%
> free
> space while the "C" drive has 56%. How can I get windows onto the "c"
> drive???? PLEASE HELP!!!!

TRENDING THREADS