How to change folder options for guest account?

Something changed the app associated with file types
mpg and mpeg from the app that I want (WinDVD) to
MSWin Media Player. I can change it back for all of
my accounts that have admin attribute.

But I have an account with guest attribute. That
user cannot change the file type association, at
least not via Control Panel / Folder Options.

How can I change the file type app for the guest
account?

I have MSWin XP Pro SP2.
1 answer Last reply
More about change folder options guest account

    You shouldn't have tried to fix it. Because you didn't.

    I presume you used the idiot's Open With feature. Go back and undo your fixes.

    Then start WMPlayer - Tools - Options - File Types and untick mpeg (does mpg too). This will restore what was there before you started WMPlayer.

    <joeu2004@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1119596726.075821.6370@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
    > Something changed the app associated with file types
    > mpg and mpeg from the app that I want (WinDVD) to
    > MSWin Media Player. I can change it back for all of
    > my accounts that have admin attribute.
    >
    > But I have an account with guest attribute. That
    > user cannot change the file type association, at
    > least not via Control Panel / Folder Options.
    >
    > How can I change the file type app for the guest
    > account?
    >
    > I have MSWin XP Pro SP2.

File Type Windows XP