How to change folder options for guest account?

Tags:
  • File Type
  • Windows XP
June 24, 2005 4:05:26 AM

Something changed the app associated with file types
mpg and mpeg from the app that I want (WinDVD) to
MSWin Media Player. I can change it back for all of
my accounts that have admin attribute.

But I have an account with guest attribute. That
user cannot change the file type association, at
least not via Control Panel / Folder Options.

How can I change the file type app for the guest
account?

I have MSWin XP Pro SP2.

More about : change folder options guest account

Anonymous
June 24, 2005 10:49:16 PM

You shouldn't have tried to fix it. Because you didn't.

I presume you used the idiot's Open With feature. Go back and undo your fixes.

Then start WMPlayer - Tools - Options - File Types and untick mpeg (does mpg too). This will restore what was there before you started WMPlayer.

!