Northbirdge fan problem in abit IS7

Jason555

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2003
I have an abit IS7 motherboard. it has been running great but just recently I have noticed that the Northbridge fan does not come on when you turn the computer on. for it to come on you have to go in and give it a startup spin manually then it operates normally. is there something I can do about this.

pIII_Man

Splendid
Mar 19, 2003
i beleive abit was having problems with their fans and added a newer fan revision to their mobos...you could try cleaning the fan...i am sure that something like that would be covered by an rma...

So easy to fry yet tastes so good...
Silicon: The other, other, other white meat :evil:

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The fan is nearly dead. If you didn't spin it manually, it may burn itself up. Abit has a very good RMA department and will either exchange boards, replace the fan themselves, or send you a fan. If you ask them, they might send you a replacement fan or cooler, that is.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

pIII_Man

Splendid
Mar 19, 2003
like i said...the first batch of abit mobos had a really shitty fan...

So easy to fry yet tastes so good...
Silicon: The other, other, other white meat :evil: <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by pIII_Man on 07/29/03 01:01 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

xeenrecoil

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2003
heya jason;

Its no real loss considering that your northbridge doesnt even need a fan to operate within normal perameters, just take the fan off, if the fan is intergrated into the heatsink dont remove it, call and ask Abit if they will send you a new HSF for your northbridge, if not dont worry about it unless you plan to OC, and in that case just buy a new chipset HSF combo.

XeeN

okietex

Distinguished
May 1, 2003
Jason,

You might look over at the ABIT forums regarding this issue --

<A HREF="http://forum.abit-usa.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17214" target="_new">abit forum link about nb hsf</A>

there's some other threads in there and you might want to search on it. i have the IC7-G and haven't had probs with it yet ....

So, hth... -ot

IC7-G 1.3| P4 2.8 800 | SLK900-U / 92mm Fan (AS3) | 2x512mb Corsair PC3500C2 | 2x120gb SG SATA RAID 0 | 2x120gb WD RAID 1 | CM ATC201B-SXT | 520W | Radeon 9800 Pro | Audigy2

pIII_Man

Splendid
Mar 19, 2003
actually the abit board has a really small heatsink so it needs the fan to stay at reasonable temperatures...i would say if you have trouble with the rma just pick up a 40-50mm fan and mount it on there...

3 386DX-25's...12 volts...glue and some ln2 and a wicked amount of overclocking and you get a willamantee minus 36 pins, 33.75 million transistors and a couple hundred mhz... :cool:

TRENDING THREADS