spitoon

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2003
I just successfully flashed my CUSL2-C from version 1006.A to 1009

Everything seems to be functioning fine, except I can no longer see anywhere in the BIOS to set the Vcore...I was hoping to juice this thing up a bit more when I get a break from this heatwave. I had run it faster before, and had to up the voltage, but I had to back it off a bit due to high temps. Now that I have flashed the BIOS, it doesn't look like I will be able to give her any more juice :(

Any advice...should I go for one of those hacked or beta BIOS's???? I'm pretty sure I have seen 1012 out there somewhere.....

EDIT: I found version 1014 from a German ZDNet site...no documentation to tell me what it does...should I do it???

Bosse

Distinguished
May 31, 2003
if u where happy with 1006 use that version !!!, my recommendation is that u use 1006 until the mobocompany releses a new bios (not beta) if they ever do !!!

spitoon

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2003
Thanks for the reply, ASUS had released the 1009 version that I flashed to. Unfortunately it removed the voltage option. I did the flash to 1014, and got the voltage option back, so I will leave it there for a while and see how it goes.

I was also looking/hoping for a fix for something else...for some reason the light on my MS optical wheelmouse doesn't go off when you turn off the computer (it used to with my old mobo). Not a major deal, but I thought the BIOS flash may fix this. Obviously if I unplug the computer the light goes off, then if I plug it back in, the light stays off until windows loads the next time, then it never goes off unless I unplug again.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
That's a power option. As long as your system is plugged in, it's never really off. Instead, it's waiting for a signal from the keyboard, mouse, LAN, or modem to turn it back on. You can set which triggers the board uses, or turn everything off, in BIOS.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

spitoon

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2003
Thanks Crashman,
I actually figured it out about 2 minutes after I posted that message. I went back and tried to edit the message and delete that part of the question....thought I had...hmmmm...

It was a jumper option for "wake on keyboard/PS2 mouse".

Thanks again.