Idiot wants help with 3Com HomeConnect

Hi,

I have a 3Com Homeconnect Wireless gateway. Nice machine, works well. I've
moved home and need to change the settings but I've lost & forgotten the
password, haven't I? Any kind soul can advice how to reset the damn thing?
The 'restore factory settings' is hidden behind the password protection.

Much appreciated

Evan
1 answer Last reply
More about idiot 3com homeconnect

    I am not familiar with that unit, but do you see a reset button somewhere on
    the unit (back perhaps)? Generally, many of these units (Linksys and
    Netgear) have reset buttons that you press by inserting a paper clip and
    holding it for ten seconds. All settings are lost though.

    Jeff

    "Radovan" <radovan@basillica-togetherness.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a 3Com Homeconnect Wireless gateway. Nice machine, works well.
    > I've moved home and need to change the settings but I've lost & forgotten
    > the password, haven't I? Any kind soul can advice how to reset the damn
    > thing? The 'restore factory settings' is hidden behind the password
    > protection.
    >
    > Much appreciated
    >
    > Evan

Wireless 3Com Wireless Networking