Idiot wants help with 3Com HomeConnect

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
September 14, 2004 10:18:38 PM

Hi,

I have a 3Com Homeconnect Wireless gateway. Nice machine, works well. I've
moved home and need to change the settings but I've lost & forgotten the
password, haven't I? Any kind soul can advice how to reset the damn thing?
The 'restore factory settings' is hidden behind the password protection.

Much appreciated

Evan

More about : idiot 3com homeconnect

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
September 14, 2004 11:53:50 PM

I am not familiar with that unit, but do you see a reset button somewhere on
the unit (back perhaps)? Generally, many of these units (Linksys and
Netgear) have reset buttons that you press by inserting a paper clip and
holding it for ten seconds. All settings are lost though.

Jeff

!