wildtangent/start up background programs

Ok first of all I hate this wild tangent program. Almost every month
there is something new this program downloads into my comp. Some how i
get rid of it but things always pop up. Is it ok to remove wild
tangent?(which came with the comp). Right now wild tangent runs a
background program called Gamedriver.exe and I want to get rid of it.

This brings me to my second question.

How to I prevent programs from starting in startup? I forgot how I now
I click Start>Run> and I forgot what to type in. Some one help pLease
and thanks.

My Finally question is if its possible to use system restore to open a
file that is corrupted.

--
LiEs
2 answers Last reply

    Remove wild tangent
    http://www.pchell.com/support/wildtangent.shtml

    Type in msconfig to control your start ups

    On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 23:25:24 +0000, LiEs wrote:

    > Ok first of all I hate this wild tangent program. Almost every month
    > there is something new this program downloads into my comp. Some how i
    > get rid of it but things always pop up. Is it ok to remove wild
    > tangent?(which came with the comp). Right now wild tangent runs a
    > background program called Gamedriver.exe and I want to get rid of it.

    Both AdAware and Spybot recognize it as data mining malware. Do you
    have one of those programs?

    > This brings me to my second question.
    >
    > How to I prevent programs from starting in startup? I forgot how I now
    > I click Start>Run> and I forgot what to type in. Some one help pLease
    > and thanks.

    msconfig

    > My Finally question is if its possible to use system restore to open a
    > file that is corrupted.

    I've never used the feature, so I don't know if you can recover
    documents or not that way.

Microsoft Windows XP