wildtangent/start up background programs

June 26, 2005 3:25:24 AM

Ok first of all I hate this wild tangent program. Almost every month
there is something new this program downloads into my comp. Some how i
get rid of it but things always pop up. Is it ok to remove wild
tangent?(which came with the comp). Right now wild tangent runs a
background program called Gamedriver.exe and I want to get rid of it.

This brings me to my second question.

How to I prevent programs from starting in startup? I forgot how I now
I click Start>Run> and I forgot what to type in. Some one help pLease
and thanks.

My Finally question is if its possible to use system restore to open a
file that is corrupted.

--
LiEs
Anonymous

Remove wild tangent
http://www.pchell.com/support/wildtangent.shtml

Type in msconfig to control your start ups

"LiEs" <LiEs.1r7h1o@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> Ok first of all I hate this wild tangent program. Almost every month
> there is something new this program downloads into my comp. Some how i
> get rid of it but things always pop up. Is it ok to remove wild
> tangent?(which came with the comp). Right now wild tangent runs a
> background program called Gamedriver.exe and I want to get rid of it.
>
> This brings me to my second question.
>
> How to I prevent programs from starting in startup? I forgot how I now
> I click Start>Run> and I forgot what to type in. Some one help pLease
> and thanks.
>
> My Finally question is if its possible to use system restore to open a
> file that is corrupted.
>

> --
> LiEs
June 26, 2005 7:11:04 PM

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 23:25:24 +0000, LiEs wrote:

> Ok first of all I hate this wild tangent program. Almost every month
> there is something new this program downloads into my comp. Some how i
> get rid of it but things always pop up. Is it ok to remove wild
> tangent?(which came with the comp). Right now wild tangent runs a
> background program called Gamedriver.exe and I want to get rid of it.

Both AdAware and Spybot recognize it as data mining malware. Do you
have one of those programs?

> This brings me to my second question.
>
> How to I prevent programs from starting in startup? I forgot how I now
> I click Start>Run> and I forgot what to type in. Some one help pLease
> and thanks.

msconfig

> My Finally question is if its possible to use system restore to open a
> file that is corrupted.

I've never used the feature, so I don't know if you can recover
documents or not that way.
!