IE Script Error

bobw

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2004

Several updates were made by the Windows Update Site on 15 Jun 2005. Since
then (coincidence?) I get an IE Script Error when I open Outlook Express. It
reads: An error has occurred in the script on this page. Line 229, Char 1,
Error: Object doesn't support this property or method. Code: 0. URL:
res://C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msoeres.dll/fmtpage.htm. It asks: Do
you want to continue running scripts on this page? I click on Yes and
continue working.

Shawn

Can you please go into Internet Explorer, open that page, and paste the
offending lines?
--
"If it's not broken, fix it anyway"

"BobW" wrote:

> Several updates were made by the Windows Update Site on 15 Jun 2005. Since
> then (coincidence?) I get an IE Script Error when I open Outlook Express. It
> reads: An error has occurred in the script on this page. Line 229, Char 1,
> Error: Object doesn't support this property or method. Code: 0. URL:
> res://C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msoeres.dll/fmtpage.htm. It asks: Do
> you want to continue running scripts on this page? I click on Yes and
> continue working.

Hi Bob,
You can have IE/OE not display each script error by doing the following
(as you have no control over the programmers who write the scripts for web
sites):
In IE, select "Tools", "Internet Options", "Advanced" tab and uncheck the
box next to the statement "Display a notification about every script error",
click "OK" and you should be done - no more questions about continuing to
run the scripts.

--

Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

http://www.google.com
Google is your "Friend"

"BobW" <BobW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Several updates were made by the Windows Update Site on 15 Jun 2005.
> Since
> then (coincidence?) I get an IE Script Error when I open Outlook Express.
> It
> reads: An error has occurred in the script on this page. Line 229, Char 1,
> Error: Object doesn't support this property or method. Code: 0. URL:
> res://C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msoeres.dll/fmtpage.htm. It asks:
> Do
> you want to continue running scripts on this page? I click on Yes and
> continue working.

bobw

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2004

Thanks Star Fleet,
I followed your clear instructions but the box was not checked.
Thanks much anyway for your help.
BobW

"Star Fleet Admiral Q" wrote:

> Hi Bob,
> You can have IE/OE not display each script error by doing the following
> (as you have no control over the programmers who write the scripts for web
> sites):
> In IE, select "Tools", "Internet Options", "Advanced" tab and uncheck the
> box next to the statement "Display a notification about every script error",
> click "OK" and you should be done - no more questions about continuing to
> run the scripts.
>
> --
>
> Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!
>
> http://www.google.com
> Google is your "Friend"
>
> "BobW" <BobW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Several updates were made by the Windows Update Site on 15 Jun 2005.
> > Since
> > then (coincidence?) I get an IE Script Error when I open Outlook Express.
> > It
> > reads: An error has occurred in the script on this page. Line 229, Char 1,
> > Error: Object doesn't support this property or method. Code: 0. URL:
> > res://C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msoeres.dll/fmtpage.htm. It asks:
> > Do
> > you want to continue running scripts on this page? I click on Yes and
> > continue working.

bobw

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2004

Shawn,
Thanks much for your advice but I am afraid it's over my head. I don' know
how to open that page.
BobW

"Shawn" wrote:

> Can you please go into Internet Explorer, open that page, and paste the
> offending lines?
> --
> "If it's not broken, fix it anyway"
>

> "BobW" wrote:
>
> > Several updates were made by the Windows Update Site on 15 Jun 2005. Since
> > then (coincidence?) I get an IE Script Error when I open Outlook Express. It
> > reads: An error has occurred in the script on this page. Line 229, Char 1,
> > Error: Object doesn't support this property or method. Code: 0. URL:
> > res://C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msoeres.dll/fmtpage.htm. It asks: Do
> > you want to continue running scripts on this page? I click on Yes and
> > continue working.

Outlook Express starts with a blank screen:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/oescript.htm

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

Windows XP Troubleshooting
http://www.winhelponline.com
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

> Thanks Star Fleet,
> I followed your clear instructions but the box was not checked.
> Thanks much anyway for your help.
> BobW
>

> "Star Fleet Admiral Q" wrote:
>
>> Hi Bob,
>> You can have IE/OE not display each script error by doing the
>> following
>> (as you have no control over the programmers who write the scripts for
>> web
>> sites):
>> In IE, select "Tools", "Internet Options", "Advanced" tab and uncheck the
>> box next to the statement "Display a notification about every script
>> error",
>> click "OK" and you should be done - no more questions about continuing to
>> run the scripts.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!
>>
>> http://www.google.com
>> Google is your "Friend"
>>
>> "BobW" <BobW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Several updates were made by the Windows Update Site on 15 Jun 2005.
>> > Since
>> > then (coincidence?) I get an IE Script Error when I open Outlook
>> > Express.
>> > It
>> > reads: An error has occurred in the script on this page. Line 229, Char
>> > 1,
>> > Error: Object doesn't support this property or method. Code: 0. URL:
>> > res://C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msoeres.dll/fmtpage.htm. It
>> > asks:
>> > Do
>> > you want to continue running scripts on this page? I click on Yes and
>> > continue working.

bobw

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2004

Ramesh,

Bingo! And many thanks. I will take the hint and visit the sites your suggest.

BobW

You're welcome Bob and Good Luck.

--

> Ramesh,
>
> Bingo! And many thanks. I will take the hint and visit the sites your
> suggest.
>
> BobW
>
> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
>
>> Outlook Express starts with a blank screen:
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/oescript.htm
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, MS-MVP
>> Windows Shell/User
>>
>> Windows XP Troubleshooting
>> http://www.winhelponline.com
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>
>> Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroupsetup.mspx
>>

>> "BobW" <BobW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thanks Star Fleet,
>> > I followed your clear instructions but the box was not checked.
>> > Thanks much anyway for your help.
>> > BobW

TRENDING THREADS