I am trying to reload XP onto my PC and when it comes to the license part, it
says to hit F8 if you accept however it will not let me accept it. It is not
frozen because I am able to page up and page down. I would appreciate any
help...
thanks
dm

Malke

mccormick wrote:

> I am trying to reload XP onto my PC and when it comes to the license
> part, it says to hit F8 if you accept however it will not let me
> accept it. It is not frozen because I am able to page up and page
> down. I would appreciate any help...
> thanks
> dm

Do you have one of those keyboards with the F-lock key? If so, you will
need to press the F-lock key to unlock the F keys.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Have you scrolled all the way to the bottom of the EULA page. Unless you
scroll down, the system won't allow the F8. I think that it has to do with
confirmation that you've read the page.

"mccormick" wrote:

> I am trying to reload XP onto my PC and when it comes to the license part, it
> says to hit F8 if you accept however it will not let me accept it. It is not
> frozen because I am able to page up and page down. I would appreciate any
> help...
> thanks
> dm

Usasma, it is probably as Malke says to do with a keyboard that has an 'F'
lock button. I have never scrolled right down to the bottom of the EULA
before pressing F8. I know you have to do this on some applications but, as
i say, i haven't done it when installing windows xp.
Although you have made a relevant point!

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert