Your question

First Boot-up

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Computer
  • Boot
Last response: in Motherboards
July 30, 2003 9:56:54 PM

I am a first time computer builder and I made a little mistake. I booted my computer after building it and didn't realize that the bootdisk wasn't in. It booted up and everything ran well except for the only thing on my screen was the info for my graphics card. Now when I try to boot nothing comes up on the screen and my cd drive flashes but not my floppy. I'm stuck because I don't know what to do now. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

More about : boot

July 30, 2003 10:00:32 PM

booting without the bootdisk will not screw anything up...normally when you restart it will be fine...try clearing your bios...also make sure your ide connectors are not inserted backwards....

3 386DX-25's...12 volts...glue some ln2 and a wicked amount of overclocking and you get a willamantee minus 36 pins, 33.75 million transistors and a couple hundred mhz... :cool:
July 30, 2003 10:13:46 PM

Read your motherboard manual about clearing or reseting the bios. Usually it is a jumper that you have to short for a 10 or 15 seconds.

Upon boot you can go into the bios immediately to set the proper date (and non default options if u know what you're doing).

The loving are the daring!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Flinx on 07/30/03 06:14 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
Related resources
July 31, 2003 2:39:42 AM

Yeah, but what if it erases all the default settings. I don't really know about all thos cmos settings. I'll try it and tell you how it goes. I'm planning on doing some serious overclocking here before long so I better learn.
July 31, 2003 4:22:20 AM

Clearing CMOS means resetting its BIOS with <b>default settings</b>.

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.