JB

I have just switched on my pc and tried to log on to my normal user account.
i got a message telling me 'windows cannot load the locally stored profile
and it may be due to a corupt local profile. It has logged me on as a
temporary user but I can't access anything in 'my documents'. Can anybody
help please...

I had that error message one time. I just tried scan disk and then let it
come back up into window and it worked fine. Everything was back to normal.

Right click local drive and click properties: tools: errorchecking: checknow
click: automaticaly fix file system errors. then click start
you will have to restart your computer for it to run.

That worked for me.

Or, Try to restore to an earlier time in system restore. If you can.

"jb" wrote:

> I have just switched on my pc and tried to log on to my normal user account.
> i got a message telling me 'windows cannot load the locally stored profile
> and it may be due to a corupt local profile. It has logged me on as a
> temporary user but I can't access anything in 'my documents'. Can anybody
> help please...

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:A4F0B06E-D11D-4F4C-994A-F63D4E346E08@microsoft.com,
jb <jb@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> I have just switched on my pc and tried to log on to my normal user
> account. i got a message telling me 'windows cannot load the locally
> stored profile and it may be due to a corupt local profile. It has
> logged me on as a temporary user but I can't access anything in 'my
> documents'. Can anybody help please...

"Windows cannot load your profile because it may be corrupted ...:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318011

How to copy data from a corrupted user profile to a new profile:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811151

And you may want this:

How to Take Ownership of a File or Folder in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421

Galen

without them."

Sherlock Holmes