Sign in with
Your question
Closed

PS3 Controller with Windows & PC games?

Last response: in Video Games
October 16, 2009 3:38:02 AM

Is there a way we can sue a USB connected PS3 Sixaxis controller for any PC games?

I am aware that the Xbox360 has some connectivity and can be used with a few games but does anyone know about the PS3 controller? Do we need drivers as well?
Related resources
October 19, 2009 3:09:53 AM

haha my bad you were thinking ps2 the connection........... no I meant playstation3 usb controller
October 19, 2009 12:34:54 PM

you looked at the links I gave you?
October 19, 2009 1:03:32 PM

Actually, there is a third party driver for the PS3 controller, which allows it to work via USB on a PC, but it was only for 32-bit Windows...I tested this on XP32 and the PS3 controller worked fine, but didn't work on Vista64. There might be a 64bit driver by now though...
October 19, 2009 1:10:06 PM

LePhuronn said:
you looked at the links I gave you?

Yes its very helpful. Im looking at it I will download it and see if it works. What games can I play? I will look it up, thanks again.
October 19, 2009 8:30:14 PM

xbox 360 is a universal controller that works for almost all the pc games. hell pretty much all the new games that have or are coming out even support the rumble and mapping for the xbox360 controller. This is most likely because since microsoft owns the brand name, they influence all the developers to support this universal controller. In result, I suggest you simply buy an xbox360 controller and use it for your PC. Thats what I've done and trust me you'll not regret it.
October 20, 2009 11:11:38 AM

yang said:
xbox 360 is a universal controller that works for almost all the pc games. hell pretty much all the new games that have or are coming out even support the rumble and mapping for the xbox360 controller. This is most likely because since microsoft owns the brand name, they influence all the developers to support this universal controller. In result, I suggest you simply buy an xbox360 controller and use it for your PC. Thats what I've done and trust me you'll not regret it.

It's not the best, it uses the right analogue stick as paddles rather than a second analogue... means a fair few games don't like it.
October 20, 2009 12:49:45 PM

I hate the 360 controller; its triggers function as a Z-axis, so you can't press both at one time, and other layout problems.

Heck, Saitek makes the best gamepads out there right now; No reason to not go with them.
October 22, 2009 7:19:18 PM

Google motioninjoy, they got 32bit and 64bit drivers, using the 64bit driver, works perfect. you even have an option to use it via usb or bluetooth mind u have a dongle.
October 23, 2009 3:22:20 PM

Yes you can us the Ps3 controller but u have to map out the buttons im currently using mine on my pc to play NBA 2k10 and Ghostbusters
November 2, 2009 11:56:02 PM

yodi1980 said:
Yes you can us the Ps3 controller but u have to map out the buttons im currently using mine on my pc to play NBA 2k10 and Ghostbusters

So it was plug and play for you or you still downloaded a driver?
!