USER ACCOUNTS

June 29, 2005 1:10:01 AM

I can't seem to get rid of the notice about unread emails that appears in my
welcome screen user account. I have deleted all .net passports from the
windows system but they still appear. Thi is a problem as some email accounts
are private and a simple right click displays them all.

Help

More about : user accounts

Anonymous
June 29, 2005 3:16:42 AM

Download and install TweakUI:

Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP (TweakUI)
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/...

After installing, go to Start > Programs > PowerToys for Windows XP >
TweakUI. Expand "Logon" and uncheck "Show unread mail on Welcome screen".

Note: Unread message alerts may indicate you have unread messages not only
in Outlook Express, but Hotmail and/or MSN email accounts as well.

Overview of the Mail Notification Display on the Windows XP Welcome Screen
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;304148

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP