Send photos by email

Followed instructions in "My pictures" for email photo file, however the
dialog box "send Pictures via Email" with option to make my pictures smaller
does not appear and file is attached in full size (eg: 609kb). How can I
get this dialog box to appear???
--
Marilyn
4 answers Last reply

    Hi,

    I believe in order to get that option you need to have an email client that
    supports it. For example, Outlook does, but Outlook Express (the email
    client included with Windows) does not. The dialog will still appear, but
    there is no option to resize once the email has been created.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "marilyn" <marilyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Followed instructions in "My pictures" for email photo file, however the
    > dialog box "send Pictures via Email" with option to make my pictures
    > smaller
    > does not appear and file is attached in full size (eg: 609kb). How can
    > get this dialog box to appear???
    > --
    > Marilyn

    Disable or Enable Resize Graphic - Send To (Line 269, Left)
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

    marilyn wrote:
    > Followed instructions in "My pictures" for email photo file, however the
    > dialog box "send Pictures via Email" with option to make my pictures
    > smaller does not appear and file is attached in full size (eg: 609kb).
    > How can I get this dialog box to appear???

    Why don't the Resize Pictures dialog appear while sending picture to e-mail?
    http://www.winxptutor.com/resizeimage.htm

    You are not prompted to resize an image when you send the image by e-mail
    from Internet Explorer or Windows Explorer in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;883393

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:F8524E21-1916-4985-A19A-B41FBDAB6DA3@microsoft.com,
    marilyn <marilyn@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Followed instructions in "My pictures" for email photo file, however the
    > dialog box "send Pictures via Email" with option to make my pictures
    > smaller does not appear and file is attached in full size (eg: 609kb).
    > How can I get this dialog box to appear???
    > --
    > Marilyn

    I hope I am not too late to help you. After you open up Create Message,
    place your cursor into the body of the message where you want the picture to
    be placed. Then put your arrow onto the toolbar and Left click Insert .
    Left click Pictures. On the new box Left click Browse, then find the picture
    you wish to send. When you find the photo give it a Right Click. Now Left
    click on "Resize Picture" Left click on the button showing the size you wish
    the photo to be, then Left click "OK". Now go down to the bottom of your
    photo folder/file and you will see the same photo but it will say "(small)"
    or "(WinCE)" depending on the size you selected Now Left click on the photo.
    Now, on the new box left click the "OK" button. The version size and the
    photo are now in your e-mail.

    "marilyn" wrote:

    > Followed instructions in "My pictures" for email photo file, however the
    > dialog box "send Pictures via Email" with option to make my pictures smaller
    > does not appear and file is attached in full size (eg: 609kb). How can I
    > get this dialog box to appear???
    > --
    > Marilyn

Email Dialog Microsoft Windows XP