WTS: Alienware Area-51 Intel i7 970 Radeon 6950s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bones2525

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
Hey, I've got an Alienware Area-51 desktop that I bought in April of last year, and I really just want to build my own. With an i3-2120 until Ivy Bridge comes out, then buy an i7 2600k equivalent. And a 6790 until the 7990 comes out. So it'll start out as a pretty average/higher entry level gamer build, then turn into an enthusiast machine. :D So I would like to know who would like to buy my Alienware comp and sponsor my new build. Here are it's full specs:

Intel Core i7 970 Hexacore CPU (3.2 GHz, 12 MB of L3 Cache)

2x AMD Radeon HD 6950's at stock clocks (2 GB of GDDR5 each)

Third Party Closed CPU Liquid Cooler with Alienware logo

6 GB of DDR3 RAM @ 1333 MHz (CAS Latency of 9)

Wireless Card, don't know make or model or brand

VERY Cool Alienware Custom Chassis, with custom lighting, active venting, and theatre lightning for the back I/O and 5.25" drive bay, which has a sliding door to it

Intel Motherboard, X58 North Bridge, Dell/Alienware did not specify exact make/model

Cool 3.25" drive bay as a whole side on the back, 6 and all hot-swappable

If I left anything out go ahead and tell me. If it doesn't go here, I'll put it on eBay. And if none of you want it, it would be cool if you could give me your idea of a reasonable starting price. I need 940 to get my other build going without having to pay a dime out of my own pocket.

EDIT: Sorry for the confusion. They are just flashed 6950s. I have been disclosing this information to anybody that PMed me and am apologetic for the uncertainty.

Bones2525

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
Back awhile ago, in November, I saw one with only one 580 in there but 12 GBs @ 1600 MHz. It went for like 1400 on eBay. It would be awesome if I got over a thousand on this, but I guess it's mainly luck, right?

Bones2525

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
I'm definately willing to part out, but only if I can confirm buyers for everything. The PSU, RAM, mobo, and chassis have to stay together for eBay though. I'm away from it right now, so pics tomorrow.

jaguarmatt

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
If you're willing to deal through PayPal then I'd be interested in one of the GPU's at the very least.
I'd be interested in both cards and the CPU if the price is right.

Bones2525

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011

Shot you a PM.

p3n3trat10n

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
I wouldn't trade or buy anything from this guy. He's advertising these video cards as 6970 stock clock. He replies to my PM with they are actually 6950s flashed for unlock and overclock to 6970. This guy should be banned.

p3n3trat10n

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
How's that extreme? Read the description. Nothing about this being a 6950. Give me a break; you start giving people slack to fudge on advertising something, then it will get worse. You need to rule these FS/Trading forums with an iron fist. Especially with people blatantly lying about what they are selling or there will be more. Also, the honest people that are on here wanting to purchase or sell will feel more secure in doing so when the thieves are put on display. He didn't make a mistake. If so, then he wouldn't have sent a PM that they were something different and ask me did I want to still buy them.

Bones2525

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
Item changed in the description. I didn't have you buy them, and then go, "Oh ya, by the way, those are just flashed 6950's." Calm down man. I have told anybody and everybody that has been interested that this is the case. Apologies.

p3n3trat10n

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
Then you did it to drum up more inquiries to buying your video cards. Does that seem shady, to anyone else? You wasted my time and I'm sure others by advertising the wrong item. Please, let anyone in the forum chime in. Did this seem fair to those people looking to purchase 6970s?

p3n3trat10n

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
Because they didn't want to expend any more of their resource (time) in pursuing it. Since, I had made inquiries and I didn't want others to be misinformed by the wrong advertisement of your item, then I pursued it. You're doing nothing in the PMs you've sent me and replies on this thread but attempting to justify your actions by irrational excuses. You intentionally advertised them as 6970s, disregarding that you informed people in PMs. You're reply with, "been morally aware" is another lame excuse. I would have had more respect for you, if you would have just stated that you were wanting more people to inquire about purchasing the video cards and that's why you advertised them as 6970s; "even though you informed everyone in PM they were 6950s". Now, you're afraid that since it's posted in public that no one will want to buy them from you. "Man up" and people would instill more trust in you and what you're offering. I would think next time you'll be more "morally aware" of how you conduct business.

Bones2525

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
"'Been morally aware'" is something I did not say. I said that I SHOULD be more morally aware. The explicit reason for me exclusively justifying my actions in my posts and PMs to you is because you have exclusively attacked me. You have proved your point. The only time you have pursued this matter is today, and obviously this entertains you or you would not be so aggressive about this.

p3n3trat10n

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
So, you think the tense in which you acknowledge that you knowingly posted incorrect information makes this infraction any better. Whether you said "been" or "be" it is still a state of "being". What are you some child that has constantly looked for loopholes to justify their actions? You think because I brought this to other people's attention that it was a personal attack. I didn't target you. I targeted an action. I don't know you nor care to now. The only amusing thing about this interaction is waiting for your next attempt of some excuse that you don't think other people's time wasted with inquiring about your "6970s" which were "6950s" was worth anything to them. How is that you don't see that you wasted other people's time? It's valuable to them even if it isn't to you. Also, why would they want to buy/trade with you? Hmmm...thumbs up in this thread if anyone believes that he shouldn't have falsely advertised the 6950s as 6970s, even though he says he informed every person who sent him a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts