Linksys WAP54G flaked out

My WAP54G unit flaked out today. My wireless connection got dropped and my
laptop successfully roamed to a more distant access point. I noticed this
because the second access point is farther away and therefore, I had much
lower signal strength. I then proceeded to connect with the flaky unit with
a web browser. I was able to flip a few pages on the WAP54G's configuration
screen and then it locked up. At that point, it was not accessible.

I powered the unit off and back on with no success. I then used the reset
button, re-entered all of my configuration information, and now everything
is back to normal.

Has anyone else experienced this behavior? I have had this unit since
January and have not experienced any problems. I assume it is a firmware
bug, but I guess it could be a potential hardware failure.

Jeff

Could have been caused by an electrical poser surge, or maybe overheating?

Bill Crocker

"Jeff Durham" <jdurham.outdoor.life@cinci.rr.com> wrote in message
> My WAP54G unit flaked out today. My wireless connection got dropped and
> my laptop successfully roamed to a more distant access point. I noticed
> this because the second access point is farther away and therefore, I had
> much lower signal strength. I then proceeded to connect with the flaky
> unit with a web browser. I was able to flip a few pages on the WAP54G's
> configuration screen and then it locked up. At that point, it was not
> accessible.
>
> I powered the unit off and back on with no success. I then used the reset
> button, re-entered all of my configuration information, and now everything
> is back to normal.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this behavior? I have had this unit since
> January and have not experienced any problems. I assume it is a firmware
> bug, but I guess it could be a potential hardware failure.
>
> Jeff

It happened again so I took it back and exchanged it for another. I have a
second access point that works just fine. It is an identical configuration
except for the IP address and channel number. It does act like something
zapped it.

Jeff