Need help with a batch file problem

June 30, 2005 2:10:41 AM

I run a specific batch file at startup that attempts to copy a file to
replace one that is under control of a running program. I get the message
"The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another
process." How do I successfully write the file? I know that the way you
are supposed to do it is to close the program, make the transfer then
restart the program. But how do you do that when you don't know the program
and you don't know how it starts in the first place.

Don J

More about : batch file problem

Anonymous
June 30, 2005 10:49:28 AM

Hi,

Download filemon from www.sysinternals.com to figure out what program or
process is controlling the file. A batch file in the startup folder runs
very late in the startup routine, you may need to change your strategy to
affect the file before it comes into use.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone