FEAR2 crashing...

Stupido

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008
Folks,

I ordered FEAR2 project origin through steam, but I can not run it... it crashes immediately.
if I run it in safe mode, than it starts but without sound and the settings are not saved.

any thoughts? ideas?

Thanks!

Stupido

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008

My overclock is rock solid and running for already quite some time (I think more than a year) without any single issue.
I also have a lot of games and only FEAR2 doesn't work...

I found some info on internet about the problem wich points out to the sound subsystem but their solution doesn't work with me... :cry:

Without more info like your specs and such as that helping you is really a shot in the dark.

You say you acquired FEAR2 through STEAM, could the download have gotten corrupted by a power surge or spike possibly?

I would suggest going through STEAMs support and informing them of whats happening, I also have FEAR2 but bought the installation disk and the STEAM package was tied to it.

Since you bought the game through STEAM they are well aware you haven't played it yet, so they should be falling over to help you out, you'll probably have to uninstall and reinstall to solve this, Possibly.

Stupido

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008
I already re-installed but didn't went on steam support yet... other info is that previously I had the demo installed and it worked perfectly well... So I order the complete game while uninstall the demo