wendy

Hi and thank you for your time and help in advance...every once in awhile a
window pops up says...virtual memory too low your system is low on virtual
memory. Windows is increasing the size of virtual memory paging file...it has
just started to do this...this question may be a little to vague but how can
i check to see what is using the most memory? I am running windowxp sp2

Hi

Please have a look at the following article by the late Alex Nichol:

"Virtual Memory in Windows XP"
http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpvm.php

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"wendy" <wendy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi and thank you for your time and help in advance...every once in awhile
> window pops up says...virtual memory too low your system is low on virtual
> memory. Windows is increasing the size of virtual memory paging file...it
> has
> just started to do this...this question may be a little to vague but how
> can
> i check to see what is using the most memory? I am running windowxp sp2

"wendy" <wendy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi and thank you for your time and help in advance...every once in awhile a
>window pops up says...virtual memory too low your system is low on virtual
>memory. Windows is increasing the size of virtual memory paging file...it has
>just started to do this...this question may be a little to vague but how can
>i check to see what is using the most memory? I am running windowxp sp2

Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to bring up the Windows Task Manager and go to
the Processes tab.

Click twice on the Mem Usage column header to sort the process list
into descending order by memory usage.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--