I am getting the following system error in the morning after i boot the
computer. The system has recovered from a serious system error. I looked in
the event viewer and found this Event.

Event id is 1003
source : System error

Error code c0000218, parameter1 e28dd6a8, parameter2 00000000, paramater3
00000000, parameter4 00000000

File name : faultrep.dll

Any help is appreciated

Neal

Hi

Please try the following link to Jim Eshelman's web page - right hand column
(218)

http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"NealJH" <NealJH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am getting the following system error in the morning after i boot the
> computer. The system has recovered from a serious system error. I looked
> in
> the event viewer and found this Event.
>
> Event id is 1003
> source : System error
>
> Error code c0000218, parameter1 e28dd6a8, parameter2 00000000, paramater3
> 00000000, parameter4 00000000
>
> File name : faultrep.dll
>
> Any help is appreciated
>
> Neal

Once I click the dont send button i can work in windows with no issues. This
is a new gateway with XP Service pack 2. Basic apps installed. I can restart
the computer with no issues. Only in the morning is when i receive the
message.

Neal

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Please try the following link to Jim Eshelman's web page - right hand column
> (218)
>
> http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "NealJH" <NealJH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am getting the following system error in the morning after i boot the
> > computer. The system has recovered from a serious system error. I looked
> > in
> > the event viewer and found this Event.
> >
> > Event id is 1003
> > source : System error
> >
> > Error code c0000218, parameter1 e28dd6a8, parameter2 00000000, paramater3
> > 00000000, parameter4 00000000
> >
> > File name : faultrep.dll
> >
> > Any help is appreciated
> >
> > Neal

Hi

You would get that error message if the PC rebooted itself for some reason.
Does the PC reboot itself during the day, or whenever you are using it?