error message , unable to find font...

When I open Adobe Reader then open a pdf. manual for a motherboard I
downloaded from Taiwan or China and try to open the 4th page , I get the
message below .
error begins , font ' `s ,then a 'squared' symbol, then an O
with an accent over it , then a lower case e in a circle , then a , u
with an accent over it , then an , A with a circle on the top of it , then
an , e with an accent over it ,
with some figures missing looks like ; ' s OeuAe '
and then the message reads , Some characters may not display or
print correctly .
I have the feeling I need a Language pack .

--
signature

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 20:47:02 -0700, Umwhat wrote:

> When I open Adobe Reader then open a pdf. manual for a motherboard I
> downloaded from Taiwan or China and try to open the 4th page , I get the
> message below .
> error begins , font ' `s ,then a 'squared' symbol, then an O
> with an accent over it , then a lower case e in a circle , then a , u
> with an accent over it , then an , A with a circle on the top of it , then
> an , e with an accent over it ,
> with some figures missing looks like ; ' s OeuAe '
> and then the message reads , Some characters may not display or
> print correctly .
> I have the feeling I need a Language pack .

This is a message from the Adobe Reader program. It could be relating an
error within the reader itself or with the PDF file. Since it happens on
page 4 and not other pages, probably the error is with the PDF file. Most
likely the error took place in the creation of the file and as such is not
fixable on your end.

The best suggestion that I have is to try looking up this error in the tech
support pages at the Adobe site.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User