What Is My Starcraft CD-Key...

G

Hey, not trying to get anyones cd key or pirate anything...i have gone through buying multiple battle chests and such and can't keep track of my starcraft expansion CD, so I downloaded the expansion through a torrent (not illegal considering i do/have owned/bought several copies of the game) anyhow, I digress... My problem is that when I downloaded I came up with an error that my cd-key was for a wrong version of the game and since Brood War has no cd-key of its own, I simply want to know if anyone knows where I should look in registry or whatever in order to locate my key on my computer or if need be, so i can change it back to the original key that installed starcraft with...

(to anyone who just wants to give me grief or try to say that i'm lying or whatever, don't bother to reply, I'm just looking for a simple answer to an honest question)

jimishtar

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
Hey, not trying to get anyones cd key or pirate anything...i have gone through buying multiple battle chests and such and can't keep track of my starcraft expansion CD, so I downloaded the expansion through a torrent (not illegal considering i do/have owned/bought several copies of the game) anyhow, I digress... My problem is that when I downloaded I came up with an error that my cd-key was for a wrong version of the game and since Brood War has no cd-key of its own, I simply want to know if anyone knows where I should look in registry or whatever in order to locate my key on my computer or if need be, so i can change it back to the original key that installed starcraft with...

(to anyone who just wants to give me grief or try to say that i'm lying or whatever, don't bother to reply, I'm just looking for a simple answer to an honest question)

next time, u dont bother.

coros5

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
i'm not sure what steam could possibly do to help you with blizzard games, i could be wrong, but in any case, your best bet is to buy the game again, its only $10 for the expansion.