filter multicast

(i'm a wireless newbie)

My router gives me the option to filter multicasts. Should I?

Carpetbagger <here@there.com> wrote:
> (i'm a wireless newbie)

> My router gives me the option to filter multicasts. Should I?

You don't say which router, but the implementation on the SMC is broken.
It won't allow any communication with servers that have a .0 address.
That includes some yahoo groups servers if I recall correctly.

--
---

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 03:07:31 -0700, Carpetbagger spoketh

>(i'm a wireless newbie)
>
>My router gives me the option to filter multicasts. Should I?

Unless you have very specific reasons to allow multicast, you can safely
filter it.

Lars M. Hansen
http://www.hansenonline.net