Sony, Intel, Google to Announce Line of TVs in May

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloody llama

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2010
I don't understand how this is better than just a dedicated computer and a dedicated TV. Because this Google / Intel / Sony TV surely isn't going to be as good as a good pc or a good TV.

drutort

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007
im sure it will win the ease of use, and the fact that it works out of the box as well as being probably quite low on power consumption

the setup box can be optimized in hardware just for the right use, so maximized in hardware for the cost and power consumption

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
This may provide for some neat smart phone like features for a TV but I am failing to see the real draw to pay more money for one of these VS a normal TV. Maybe there will be some features we don't yet know about hmmmm now my imagination is going crazy. I wonder if they will try to fund these like they do cell phones? some sort of plan and they knock 400$ off the price of the TV.... but what would they add?

DjEaZy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
... Sony + Google + Intel = TOTAL WORLD DOMINATION!!! ... no privacy from google and and power to do so from intel... and in the other corner could be apple and/of MS + MS Bing + AMD/ATi... ATi Xileon is in some TV's...

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
I don't even have cable TV right now.
How about Samsung though? I like them a hell of a lot more than Sony. They make the quality of products I want and can still afford (somewhat).
Screw Intel though. I wonder if this is just another push for a Atom. I hate that chip...

babachoo

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2009
It's funny how my comment about Google being evil got immediately voted down and censored. It's true, you people are just too stupid to realize it.

Sihastru

Distinguished
May 4, 2009
[citation][nom]DjEaZy[/nom]... Sony + Google + Intel = TOTAL WORLD DOMINATION!!! ... no privacy from google and and power to do so from intel... and in the other corner could be apple and/of MS + MS Bing + AMD/ATi... ATi Xileon is in some TV's...[/citation]
The only problem is ATi sold it's TV chip division to Broadcom and also sold it's handheld division to Qualcomm. So maybe you mean Broadcom Xileon and Qualcomm whatever else.

For some strange reason, my crystal ball says you own at least one Apple product, an iPhone or a Mac, it can't decide yet.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]Babachoo[/nom]Google is evil. Avoid them and their products and services at all costs.[/citation]
I'd say, nobody can be trusted, especially "good" transnational multi-billion companies.

babachoo

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2009
[citation][nom]kartu[/nom]In resent news Google was trying to get between me and my printers. Now they want to penetrate my TVs. Spooky...[/citation]

No. People who buy Apple products are just as (if not more) naive than people who think Google values our privacy.

twu

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2007
[citation][nom]Babachoo[/nom]Google is evil. Avoid them and their products and services at all costs.[/citation]

Agree..

twu

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2007
[citation][nom]Babachoo[/nom]It's funny how my comment about Google being evil got immediately voted down and censored. It's true, you people are just too stupid to realize it.[/citation]

I gave you a thumb up.

babachoo

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2009
[citation][nom]twu[/nom]I gave you a thumb up.[/citation]

Several people have now, and I appreciate it. It really is time to start waking up some of the sheep, because things get any MORE Orwellian, it'll be too late to look back.

HalJordan

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
I realize that this content will require support through ads, however, with a new "smart" TV could they provide ads that are geared towards me? Show me ads / commercials for the latest Nvidia graphics cards and not zit cream. If I have to see the commercials they should at least pertain to me in some fashion.

[citation][nom]mirazh1976[/nom]Complete with some sort of spy on the users habits hardware/software I am sure.[/citation]

LOL - no doubt. If your TV remote mysteriously starts driving around taking pictures for the "living room view", make sure you don't walk around the house naked :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.