Sign in with
Your question

Cod5 directX has encountered an unrecoverable error

Last response: in Video Games
October 19, 2009 4:47:01 PM

Hello
im playing Call Of Duty 5 and in solo co-op mode i played 2 missions
however when im about to play the 3rd mission ,when it wants to load the 3rd mission , suddenly it gives me and error "directX has encountered an unrecoverable error check readme ."
plz help me to fix it ...have a good day
October 19, 2009 7:12:39 PM

Put the game disc in. When it spins up look for extras or whatever. In there you should find the DX set up. Install it.
October 19, 2009 7:31:13 PM

umm...i did that but it gave me again the same error.
Related resources
October 19, 2009 8:21:04 PM

What was the error. It says at the end "check read me". You can try and do a repair. Install disc and see if it will give you that option after you hit install or uninstall.

Clean out and clean up your hard drive. Do a defrag. What hardware do you have ? Been to Windows Update lately ? How much virtual memory do you have, how much does it say you need ?
October 20, 2009 9:26:13 AM

The error only says that :"DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error.Check the readme for possible solutions"
and i have played 1st and 2nd missions with no problems...however at starting and loading the 3rd mission after its demo the game suddnly crashes and say the error...
my system reqs are:1GB ram/geforce 7600 512Mb/3.2 CPU and using service pack 2 win xp....
and i have played COD 4 with no problems...i tried to install the DX 9 of the disk several times but no changes happend....and i've tried reinstalling the game manytimes and each time get the same error
October 20, 2009 3:16:57 PM

Any game patches available ? Uninstall and re-install ?

1gig of ram..???? Your system is severely under powered for this game..... 7600gt...??? I had spits and sputters with higher end video cards and ram than you run playing W@W. COD4 and 5 are different games and have different hardware needs.
October 20, 2009 4:09:42 PM

it seems it doesnt need any patches coz i found it nowhere...and i have reinstalled the DX and the game several times but no changes....
and i have played COD 4 with no problem till the end even the 1st and 2nd mission of cod 5 am able to play and there is no lagg or things like that but 3rd mission doesn't like me
October 20, 2009 4:18:09 PM

I googled COD W@W patches and found 2 different ones. Actually I scrolled down further..... there's quite a few different ones. Something like 6 of them.
October 20, 2009 4:45:49 PM

OOoo...ok u suggest me to do it?
October 25, 2009 12:17:06 PM

YESSS!!iT WoRKeD!!!
by updating the latest video driver and maybe getting latest DX
thx alot swifty ur helpings were cool...
January 23, 2010 11:32:36 AM

swifty_morgan said:
I googled COD W@W patches and found 2 different ones. Actually I scrolled down further..... there's quite a few different ones. Something like 6 of them.
Please can u send me d link 2 d patch which was used
Pleaseee HELp!!!
January 27, 2010 8:44:19 AM

just update the software. thats it.
January 28, 2010 8:24:41 AM

PLZZ CAN U SEND ME THE UPDATE LINK!!
!