windows updates

my updates download but do not install.

I see from some comments that for example the malicious software tool does
not install so I guess there may be others

However microsoft have just altered their update site and my computer does
not intall microsoft installer 3.1so I cant even now see what updates I need
or download them

can anyone help on this?
1 answer Last reply
More about windows updates

    Hi

    Have you tried the Windows Update News Group:

    news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windowsupdate or
    http://aumha.org/nntp.htm

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "mike" <mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > my updates download but do not install.
    >
    > I see from some comments that for example the malicious software tool does
    > not install so I guess there may be others
    >
    > However microsoft have just altered their update site and my computer does
    > not intall microsoft installer 3.1so I cant even now see what updates I
    > need
    > or download them
    >
    > can anyone help on this?

Download Microsoft Windows XP