Mike

Splendid

my updates download but do not install.

I see from some comments that for example the malicious software tool does
not install so I guess there may be others

However microsoft have just altered their update site and my computer does
not intall microsoft installer 3.1so I cant even now see what updates I need
or download them

can anyone help on this?

Hi

Have you tried the Windows Update News Group:

news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windowsupdate or
http://aumha.org/nntp.htm

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User