how to access other part of hard disk drive on computer?

BlackHand

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2002

i'm new to the use of computers and how to use them. I have little space left
on my "c" drive on my computer, I have 96 GB on my "d" drive but I don't know
how to get access to it . Please Help Me !!!

Hi,

Click start/run, type D: and click ok.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"blackhand" <blackhand@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i'm new to the use of computers and how to use them. I have little space
> left
> on my "c" drive on my computer, I have 96 GB on my "d" drive but I don't
> know
> how to get access to it . Please Help Me !!!

dl

Applications install by default to the C drive, you need to uninstall some
of your software then reinstall, using custom install to the D drive - this
assumes D is a hard disk not cd drive.
In My Documents select properties and move to your D drive
Run Disk Cleanup

"blackhand" <blackhand@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i'm new to the use of computers and how to use them. I have little space
left
> on my "c" drive on my computer, I have 96 GB on my "d" drive but I don't
know
> how to get access to it . Please Help Me !!!

It depends on what's on your D drive and if it's been protected by the
computer manufacturer. Could you let us know what kind of system - make and
model - that you have?

"blackhand" wrote:

> i'm new to the use of computers and how to use them. I have little space left
> on my "c" drive on my computer, I have 96 GB on my "d" drive but I don't know
> how to get access to it . Please Help Me !!!

Right click (or left double click) on my computer on the desktop. Open your
'd' drive & leave it open on half portion of your computer screen. Similarly
portion of your screen. Now both your drives are visible and showing the
contents. Just drag the programmes from one drive to another. I suppose that
your OS is on 'c' drive which shud be left alone.
Best of luck 'Blackhand'

Mahendra

"blackhand" wrote:

> i'm new to the use of computers and how to use them. I have little space left
> on my "c" drive on my computer, I have 96 GB on my "d" drive but I don't know
> how to get access to it . Please Help Me !!!

Malke

Mahendra wrote:

> Right click (or left double click) on my computer on the desktop. Open
> your 'd' drive & leave it open on half portion of your computer
> screen. Similarly go back to my computer and open ur 'c' drive and
> keep it on the left half portion of your screen. Now both your drives
> are visible and showing the contents. Just drag the programmes from
> one drive to another. I suppose that your OS is on 'c' drive which
> shud be left alone. Best of luck 'Blackhand'

If the OP did what you suggest he would have a lot of non-working
programs. You cannot just drag the program folder to a different hard
drive. As has already been posted, the OP will need to uninstall and
reinstall programs. Data can be simply moved.

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers