Changing default language

Hello, I am a English Speaker living in spain who has just bought a new
laptop. The problem is I dont speak spanish or read it. How can I change the
default language on windows from spanish to english. Please help.
3 answers Last reply
More about changing default language

    James wrote:
    > Hello, I am a English Speaker living in spain who has just bought a
    > new laptop. The problem is I dont speak spanish or read it. How can I
    > change the default language on windows from spanish to english.
    > Please help.

    The only way to do this is by purchasing an English version of XP.

    --

    Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP

    http://www.dts-l.org/

    James wrote:
    > Hello, I am a English Speaker living in spain who has just bought a new
    > laptop. The problem is I dont speak spanish or read it. How can I change the
    > default language on windows from spanish to english. Please help.

    You cannot upgrade or convert from one language version of the OS
    to another, so you'll have to purchase and use the full version of
    WinXP (in whatever language you want) to perform a clean installation.

    Cannot Upgrade or Install a Different Language Version of Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;282089

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    Windows XP is written in specific language versions, therefore one
    cannot "change" from one language version to another. You'll need
    to purchase a "Full Version" of Windows XP in the language version
    you desire, reformat your drive and install it "clean".

    Or if you have an available empty drive or partition, you can install
    another "Full Version" of Windows XP in a different language version
    and create a dual-boot configuration.

    Cannot Upgrade or Install a Different Language Version of Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;2820­89

    Welcome to WorldLanguage.com!
    http://www.worldlanguage.com/

    A good third-party partitioning program is Partition Magic 8.
    http://www.symantec.com/partitionmagic/

    Clean Install Windows XP

    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP - Shell/User
    Microsoft Newsgroups

    "James" wrote:

    | Hello, I am a English Speaker living in spain who has just bought a new
    | laptop. The problem is I dont speak spanish or read it. How can I change the
    | default language on windows from spanish to english. Please help.

Default Microsoft Windows XP