Sign in with
Your question

Best MOBO for 2.4C

Last response: in Motherboards
August 4, 2003 2:37:38 AM

Hey i am looking to build a system around a P4 2.4C and i was wondering if i could get some advice as to what MOBO is best to pair with it. Im looking at one of the 865PE boards. Primary purposes is to OC the CPU to 3ghz. I want a stable OC, but also features like IDE RAID is important. So far i know the P4P800 deluxe and the MSI Neo2 are suitable, but i am also considering the ABIT IS-7. My main question is which of these is best for OCing and has IDE RAID as well?

More about : mobo

August 4, 2003 6:19:54 AM

i have heard some good things about the gigabyte 8IPE1000Pro

3 386DX-25's...12 volts...glue some ln2 and a wicked amount of overclocking and you get a willamantee minus 36 pins, 33.75 million transistors and a couple hundred mhz... :cool:
a b V Motherboard
August 5, 2003 3:50:52 AM

The best value there is the IS7. But it doesn't offer IDE RAID, only SATA RAID.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
Related resources
August 5, 2003 10:01:25 AM

In addition, the MSI FRSI neo2 does not have an IDE raid only a promise SATA raid. Which is a bitch, because I ordered 2 60gig Seagate HD's and when they arrived I realised I couldn't put them on raid array. That’s not to say it’s a bad board. In fact its one of the popular boards out there!
If I'm wrong and it is possible to get raid on the MSI neo2 FRSI mobo, please tell me!!!
A raid card is only about £35 anyway so its not a huge expense.

If you read the Toms review of the 800FSB mainboards should help you choose.
a b V Motherboard
August 5, 2003 4:34:08 PM

Wow! In the U.S. I'm seeing them for about half that price, $25!

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
August 5, 2003 4:44:16 PM

I haven't looked that hard. On e-bay they might be a bit cheaper
August 5, 2003 9:06:31 PM

If you want an 865 MB at a decent price with IDE raid. There is only one. The P4P800. I have it and am very happy with it. It overclocks very well. The VIA raid contrllor is surprisingly fast. The coolest feature to me is when you o/c too much and fail to post. You don't have to clear the cmos jumper. The bios will do it automatically. Sometimes you have to shut the comp down twice before it works. But atill alot better than clearing the cmos and redoing all the settings. The only drawback is compatability broblems with Corsair PC3200LL twinx.
a b V Motherboard
August 5, 2003 9:25:19 PM

No, I've only recommended eBay as a last resort, because I've seen so many scams there.

I'm speaking of companies such as Newegg.com and Compgeeks.com.

August 6, 2003 2:19:43 PM

Abit IS7
!